Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to race a new SRT-4 for fun. I live in Valparaiso, so if anybody here lives near there and wants to do a friendly race...a roll race or one from a stop will work for me. Just curious to see how a mildly WRX stocks up against a stock or mildly tuned SRT. email me if anyone is interested. Also...i might be able to meet up with an SRT owner in the Layfayette or Indianapolis region...just a friendly encounter... Peace out, and nice car.

-Bobby D

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hit up SamelCamel, he's in Indianapolis, bro.

Oh and Sam, if you read this...I got mine now. I'm just waiting for it to be delivered to me. Should be here on March 24-26, so I'm counting down the days. I plan on coming home to Franklin in June sometime, so we'll definately hafta meet up and cruise the circle or something.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
just be careful, he is a good driver, and hes famous for beating up wrx's.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hey QwikSC2,

Look me up when you're here! Definitely have to come by the house and check it out! I'll PM you my cell phone number.

By the way,

I sent you an email, Bobby D! Hope to see you soon!

-Sam

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Samel dont forget to play fair and put your buddy (the big guy :oops: ) up front and a person in the rear before you all race :wink: :roll: :twisted:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news...we got a race set up for April 1st!! :)

Good news guys. I talked to Sam...he seems like a real cool guy, and we set up a race at Indianapolis Raceway Park for April 1st. I think him and some of his friends are going, hopefully i can find someone to tag along with me, well see. It's gonna be a friendly race and it should give everybody a pretty good idea of how a mildly moded WRX does against a stock SRT-4. The goal is to not get totally rocked by the SRT, hopin it will be a close race in the 1/4. Even if i do get a jump on him, im gonna be fearful of seein those other bug eyes :shock: comin up on me quickly, haha. So anyways, hopefully well be able to get a video of the race for everyone to see. Should be a friendly and fun evening and hopefully nobody gets hurt, (keeps fingers crossed). I will let Sam report back to you guys after we get back from the track april 1st. Adios! :)

-Bobby D

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I ran into several different WRX's on the way home from Florida. Dead stops, rolling starts and some 70MPH honk and go runs. Did not lose once. Got a chance to talk to a couple of them at gas stations where I seemed to draw a crowd before we ran and it was a friendly curiosity over how the 'new' SRT-4 would go. I had never run against a WRX before so it was interesting.

Us old guys still know how it is done! You have to remember we invented street racing.

Stay safe and enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
FlakDodger
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing