Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to 3 quicky oil change places where I live and not one of them said they had the right oil filter. I called Dodge, and they said that it is different from every other filter made for the 2.4, including the PT Turbo. My local Discount Auto parts sayd they have the right Puralator for it, but I am scared that its the wrong one. Anybody know whats right?

Thanks
STeve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
stevessrt said:
I went to 3 quicky oil change places where I live and not one of them said they had the right oil filter. I called Dodge, and they said that it is different from every other filter made for the 2.4, including the PT Turbo. My local Discount Auto parts sayd they have the right Puralator for it, but I am scared that its the wrong one. Anybody know whats right?

Thanks
STeve
I used a PurOne filter, that fits fine, though it is shorter than the stock filter. I'll post the part number tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
Fuck their days up man...make them wish they got a new shipment in last week. j/k dont kill anyone....sorry dont know what to tell ya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,491 Posts
DO NOT EVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO A QUICKY OIL CHANGE PLACE!!!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, THEY WILL [email protected]#K ANYTHING THEY CAN TO GET YOU TO SPEND MONEY! THEY UNHOOKED MY DAD AC LINE ONE TIME AND TOLD HIM THEY HAD TO REPLACE IT, HE JUST BOUGHT THE TRUCK. IF YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR OWN OIL OR TAKE IT TO THE DEALER ESPECIALLY ON A CAR LIKE THIS. sorry for all the caps but i cannot stress this point enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boostedneonsrt4 said:
DO NOT EVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO A QUICKY OIL CHANGE PLACE!!!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, THEY WILL [email protected]#K ANYTHING THEY CAN TO GET YOU TO SPEND MONEY! THEY UNHOOKED MY DAD AC LINE ONE TIME AND TOLD HIM THEY HAD TO REPLACE IT, HE JUST BOUGHT THE TRUCK. IF YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR OWN OIL OR TAKE IT TO THE DEALER ESPECIALLY ON A CAR LIKE THIS. sorry for all the caps but i cannot stress this point enough.
I am thinking you maybe right, I may just bring it to my in-laws to help me.
He has all kinds of tools. But I still want to know if I should take my chances with picking up a filter not specific to my car.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
I second that, I've been screwed twice at oil change places.

The second time I paid for Mobil 1, then 4,000 miles later I went to change the oil myself, and low and behold, no Mobil 1 oil

I know this because they used a generic filter instead of the M1 I paid for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,203 Posts
stevessrt said:
I went to 3 quicky oil change places where I live and not one of them said they had the right oil filter. I called Dodge, and they said that it is different from every other filter made for the 2.4, including the PT Turbo. My local Discount Auto parts sayd they have the right Puralator for it, but I am scared that its the wrong one. Anybody know whats right?

Thanks
STeve
K&N Oil Filter: HP1002
Mobil 1: M1002
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
Here's my story,
My father brought his 944 to a QUICK-OIL place and they cut his spark plug wire to get to the oil-cap! Then they tried to charge him for the oil-change, the wires and a new distributer cap. They didn't change the oil-filter, They cleaned the distributer cap and put it on sideways! My father, being the type of person he is, almost bought off on it!
Man, was I LIVID!

-James
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,971 Posts
Thats why when I take any car to a quick change place, I stand with the guys and watch them do it. Most places will let you into the pit also. I took my SRT to a quick place since I don't have a jack substanital enough to change the oil myself, and made sure they primed the filter, and made sure they used M1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Hemi, have you used either one in your car? I found the Puralator Pure One, but I think I will go with the Mobil One filter. My dodge dealer has the actual right one for it, but I wonder if it would be better going with the M1.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,203 Posts
stevessrt said:
Thanks Hemi, have you used either one in your car? I found the Puralator Pure One, but I think I will go with the Mobil One filter. My dodge dealer has the actual right one for it, but I wonder if it would be better going with the M1.

Steve
I used the K&N filter due to the hipo output in gallons: 550gpm.

Both of these filters are good filters whether you are running dino or synthetic oil. Mobil 1 is a 10 micron, along with K&N.

Mopar or Champion Filters is another good filter. However the micron amount screen is around 20.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
I went to my local dealer to buy the correct filter. It was funny...I gave them the part number and the guy's like "I've never seen that number before." Another parts dude then points out an unopened box from Mopar that was under a counter. They had just gotten a box full of SRT-4 oil filters a week before and they had no idea what car they went with. I bought two on the spot. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
Shame on you. You should have your user manual committed to memory by now. Darn, lighweights. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Grunge said:
Shame on you. You should have your user manual committed to memory by now. Darn, lighweights. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grunge...you're a classic over-achiever dude! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
The filter you need is the same filter as the jeep liberty.long and skinny.also go to the dealer to change you oil that way they have records of your service in case any warranty issues come up.mopar offers mobil one 5w30.I will post the factory pn#.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,830 Posts
hemidakota said:
K&N Oil Filter: HP1002
Mobil 1: M1002
Sure thats M1002 and not M102? Saw M102 at my local A-Zone, but no four digit numbers?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
16 Participants
NeonDan
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing
Top