Dodge SRT Forum banner

non-orange turn signals

5K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  OWN3D 
#1 ·
Any body have pictures of the front turn signals with a differnt color other than orange. I have just a regular clear bulb but it doesnt look all that good, lookin for some differnt ideas.

#4 ·
If you get a blue or red bulb, you'll be pulled over within a week.

Go to AutoZone, or whatever store and buy OEM bulbs that are clear, light up amber/orange when on. Unless you said you already have clear and your just looking for some ricer bulbs like red and blue.

#7 ·
noTe said:
If you get a blue or red bulb, you'll be pulled over within a week.

Go to AutoZone, or whatever store and buy OEM bulbs that are clear, light up amber/orange when on. Unless you said you already have clear and your just looking for some ricer bulbs like red and blue.

I must be lucky then

#10 ·
yo

Yea im just trying to get rid of all the orange on my car. I just put in the order for my clear side markers. The turn signals i have now are just regular sylvania turn signals, they are actually a little more dull than my stock headlights so im not too crazy about them. But they arent orange so thats good. But i think ill check out some of the stuff u ppl talked about. Peace

#13 ·
i have LED clear turnsignal bulbs, so it makes the entire housing clear until they are turned on, then they become a demon blood vibrant bright red:cool: :grimrippe

here's some shots:

Attachments

#14 ·
yoooo mysrt4ownsyou

mysrt4ownsyou, yo man that is just toooo sick, i cant even do that, man u gotta copyright that shit, thats hot as hell, i alwasy knew ur car was tight but man thats too tight. I guess im just gonna keep the setup that i got now, man ur car hot. Peace

#16 ·
G-Unit1001 said:
mysrt4ownsyou, by the way man, the glow from under your fascia. howd u rig that man, i think i gotta cop that for my E-Blue. Peace
lol thanks man, glad ya like it...i love my car...it pwns everyone else's, ESPECIALLY every one else's black srt4's :eveilgrin :grimrippe but as for the glow on the intercooler, u HAVE to remove the front bumper. i put a 20" red streetglow neon tube in there, and mounted it using doublesided tape right on the lip behind the front mesh. then ran the wires up the battery for power, then ran it inside the cab and put it on a flip switch so i can put them on or off anytime i choose, and mounted the switch inside the arm rest:) i have my interior neons on a separate switch too in there, as well as a 3rd switch for my fan switch:) hope this helps, any other ?'s feel free to ask! peace!

- Chris

#19 ·
Yooo Sexy

Yooo SexySRT, yea those are tight, they dont "outshine" the regular lights tho? thats the only thing id be worried about. But they are deffintly pretty slick. Well im out. Peace

#20 ·
SexySRTChick said:
I gots 12-LED White bulbs. They look sexy as hell at night.

Or search for White 3157 LEDs on ebay. Don't go any bigger than 12 LEDs though, it won't fit.
-C

are those even legal (blink amber), no right? cops in my town are dicks and will go out of their way to give a kid a ticket for the smallest things. im bout to swoop some if they are compliant.

~mike

#21 ·
You CAN have White/Amber bulbs in the front, therefore if you have a white/amber/orange underbody kit you can get away with it. You can also have Amber/white/Red in the rear. On the sides White/Orange.

I asked my neighbor who's a state trooper here in RI, and he said its pretty much like that for most states. I've had them in three cars, and been to a hefty amount of states on the east coast with them, and never had a problem.

-C

#22 ·
SexySRTChick said:
You CAN have White/Amber bulbs in the front, therefore if you have a white/amber/orange underbody kit you can get away with it. You can also have Amber/white/Red in the rear. On the sides White/Orange.

I asked my neighbor who's a state trooper here in RI, and he said its pretty much like that for most states. I've had them in three cars, and been to a hefty amount of states on the east coast with them, and never had a problem.

-C
not to contradict you but the way i understood the law was you cant tamper with any original lamps/bulbs on a vehicle well thats at least how it was presented to me, not that i give a sh8t, but i did get a ticket awhile back for blue rear turn signals on my accord and the ticket was for "buying and selling of illegal equiptment' and it was a mandatory court appearance. so technically were not suppose to mess with anything thats not stock on the vehicle RIGHT!!!! my only questions is how do the lexus trucks get away with 100% clear tail lenses?

#24 ·
Usually here in RI, if you have any bulbs on the exterior of your car that aren't Red, White, Orange/Amber/Yellow. You get a fix-it ticket. A 5 day tag that tells you fix it in 5 days and have the car resinspected.

But Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, etc. Are not legal in any way shape or form. And if you couldn't add anything that wasn't stock to the vehicle, what are you supposed to do when your blinker light burns out? If its white you won't have a problem at all, and if they give you trouble about it, you can contest it because WHITE is a legal color to have displayed on your car. Hence why people in RI can cruise around with white underbody neons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.