Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my son dropped off his srt for service 700 miles as he thought it was running rough, I told him they accidently gave him a hotter cam. :twisted: .. any way we went to another dodge dealer and drove another srt ..son said it felt same as his.. performance wise.. so I suggested we go to ford dealer in Stuart,Fl there we drove a stock Mustang GT 5 Speed coupe without salesman and I honestly have to say it sure did not seem as fast as srt.. 2nd gear seemed to be a real dog from a roll on..my son drove it also and said same.. then we took a Lightning out for a drive, now that was a different story.. I think srt and Lightning would be a good race.
We didn't get over 80 mph as we did not want to get a ticket..

Nothing wrong with son's car according to service dept..
Note: paint seems very thin in places.. car is yellow taking in next week..

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
ive driven a few Mustangs myself and i will say that the 98 Cobra Conv 5 speed i took for a quick spin a few years back seems like nuthing compared to Terminator's or Second Chance's rides

·
Registered
223 Posts
I believe someone on the board raced a Lightning. Said it was a close race, too.

-bZj

·
Registered
20 Posts
stock lightning quarter mile times rane from 13.5 - 13.9

it would be kinda close, depending on the driver.

-SF

EDIT: if i had an srt i would race every lightning i see at the track, as i do with my wrx. there is no greater feeling showing those rednecks what a compact car can do.

·
Registered
223 Posts
They went form a roll I think, so that helped the SRT.

And, rednecks? In California? You lie!

-bZj

:) I live in Merced, I know rednecks. Hell, I'll be staying with one when I go to Sacramento the night before the Blender thing. VV

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I did, I dragged my bro's '99 Lightning from about 10 mph on up, I jusmped immediately by 1 1/2 cars and pulled it to about 3 cars to about 80 or 90. But remember the 99's where a bit slower than 2001+ years. That was before the boost controller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
StevesSTI
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing