Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone... i just read this somewhere just wondering if its true...

is there not even an option for power windows or locks in the back? does anyone else find that kind of silly?

i mean i know they were going for the whole "cheapest fastest car" thing, but common! lets try and add a little civility...

just thought i would mention that, if im wrong plz tell me, cus i really wanna be wrong... i was looking forward to buying 1 later this year... but now i have been completely disappointed with it...

·
"Made" Member
75,380 Posts
Damious said:
hey everyone... i just read this somewhere just wondering if its true...

is there not even an option for power windows or locks in the back? does anyone else find that kind of silly?

i mean i know they were going for the whole "cheapest fastest car" thing, but common! lets try and add a little civility...

just thought i would mention that, if im wrong plz tell me, cus i really wanna be wrong... i was looking forward to buying 1 later this year... but now i have been completely disappointed with it...
Power locks is incorrect. The SRT-4 does indeed have power rear locks.
However, it is true about the no power windows. They only roll down a
few inches due to the shape of the door, so it would be quite a waste to
add 40 lbs of motors and switches to roll down 3 inches of window.

~castrol

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
the locks in the rear are power locks but there aren't any controls for them back there. just an armrest and window crank that i know of. ive never sat back there to be honest but im almost certain thats the setup.

·
"Made" Member
75,380 Posts
tom6433 said:
the locks in the rear are power locks but there aren't any controls for them back there. just an armrest and window crank that i know of. ive never sat back there to be honest but im almost certain thats the setup.
I have never seen controls for the power locks in the backseat of any car.

~castrol

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Damious said:

your right, forget the fact that it only cost $21,000 and can outperform almost any other car under 30 grand.forget the unique style it has. forget the four wheel antilock disk brakes, forget the awesome tires it comes with and lsd. forget that the car runs high 13's completly stock!! it has no electric rear windows?? what the fuck was i thinking, im selling mine right away.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol understandable... ill prob buy 1 anyway just cus of its sheer proformance (and the fact that i dont sit back there), but i just find it wierd... they should at least make it an option or something...

like every car i can think of at least has an option for power windows on all windows...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
true it is weird as hell........i was really bummed when i first found out too and swore that when i got one, id get a conversion kit.......but after awhile it doesnt really bother you anymore, i mean ive sat back there once......with my gf, and we werent trying to roll down the tinted windows anyway....ahem......but yeh i guess dodge had to cut corners on this car somehow.

·
Super Moderator
35,448 Posts
that may only be the second gens but im not sure..

if you are reconsidering getting the car because of this.. it isnt the car for you.

p.s. lots of sports cars dont even have rear windows that roll down.. think about that

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
WTF? No rear power windows???? That's it i'm getting a Civic.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.