Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many different threads and no one seems to have the same issue as me.

I bought my car with a bad clutch.

I have a 2005 srt4 there is a few bolt ons, and I've recently replaced the bad clutch.

After a few tries with vacuum lines I got it back running better than I've ever had it no cel.
I parked it for a few weeks bc I travel with work. I let my buddy use my battery and I'm pretty sure when he returned it it was extremely dead. I charged it. But when I tried to start the car it hesitated a moment before it turned over. Kind of like the batter does when its dead. But it started and I drove it a short ways to a fuel station. Left it running and returned home.

20 minutes after I returned home. I went back to the car to roll my windows up and it wouldn't start. It made some awful relay noises.
Fues popped up on the dash
Then it just stopped everything.
I get no power when I click the keys fwd. I have checked all grounds. And all power connections to the places that are getting power. There is no power to my inside fues box. But there seems to be power to the metal fues inside that box. I have bought the 5 plug relay and checked all the relays.
I have never owned an srt before so I don't know much about why it's so dead.

I've had 2 different people over to look at It and we never can find any issue.

This Car is not in shit shape.

Has
Turbo timer
Big front mount
Hks bov
Nice hard pipes
Full exhaust with a built in dump
Megan racing coilovers(irrelevant but...)

Please if anyone has any idea thank you in advance.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
How many miles are on the car? Did you have the battery tested? How old is the battery? Check the battery cables? Seems like everything happened after your buddy "used your battery"

·
Premium Member
6,825 Posts
Have you tried another battery? Also the main fuseable link in the power distribution box (the one in the engine bay) is still good.
Check your turbo timer, especially the wire that goes to the ebrake.
Don’t know what you meant by “Fuses popped up on dash”.
Checked your fuses and the battery positive is not shorting to the intake,if you’re running a Cold Air.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles are on the car? Did you have the battery tested? How old is the battery? Check the battery cables? Seems like everything happened after your buddy "used your battery"

Car has 160k

Brand new battery.
I've checked every wire I can with out taking a razor blade to the harness and exposing what's inside the wrapped places

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Car has 160k

Brand new battery.
I've checked every wire I can with out taking a razor blade to the harness and exposing what's inside the wrapped places
You figure it out yet?

I let my buddy use my battery and I'm pretty sure when he returned it it was extremely dead. I charged it. But when I tried to start the car it hesitated a moment before it turned over
Like I said, sounds like everything went to crap after your buddy returned your battery in a very bad state. What was he using it for? I asked you in my last post, Did you have the battery tested yet? Your buddy could of damaged your new battery.

You will need to find someone with a very nice scan tool to check everything out. Not your cheap OBD scan tool that just checks for codes. You also said you charged it. Did you charge it out of the car unhooked or in the car? What charger did you use? If you didn't do it right you could of fried something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He used my battery on his mustang. His alt died on the side of the road. I brought him my battery to get to advance.

Since then. I have bought a new battery.

I never charged the ok old one in the car.

But when the I did try to crank it after it was charged it was acting terrible.

Actually at 140 am the other morning I was out digging around and I decided to un hook the battery and un plug the ecu.
My top plug location was coated with oil. Not caked oil or old oil.
Just wet oil and alot.
I bought electrical plug cleaner, cleaned it and let it dry for a few hours
Plugged it back in but still no not

So I don't know what to think know but I may need a new ECU.

Remember I have NO power. No dash light no radio. No key cycle.
Only headlights
Dome light
And my miles are on the dash when I open the door.
When key is cycled
Power locks don't work
There's no power to windows
Fuel pump doesn't prime
Door doesn't even beep like its open. And the key is in it..

And I work thirrd shift, have 3 daughters 7, 7 and 5. And a son who's 4.
I really need more time in the day.

Man I have been looking all over this car for 3 weeks and I have yet to find a suitable problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts