Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've had my car for over 3 months now, and I haven't been able to race a single person.

In my last car (non turbo 99 eclipse, with rims and exhaust) I had raced hondas, mustangs, turbo eclipses, and for gods sake I even raced an NSX!!!!

I mean I will roll up next to hondas, and they wont even look at me, and even 2 nice modded mustang gt's ignored me. Evos has just cruised by, I mean its crazy.

I mean I raced more cars in my first car which was an 87 Volvo Wagon that I modded. I even raced a supra in that car.

So whats the deal? Am I just not finding the right people? Anyone else had this experience? Is their a secret sign I don't know or something?

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
I know it's fun to race on the streets but sometimes it's better not to find them too often...every day it's getting riskier and riskier to do this (not only safety wise but law wise)

·
Registered
379 Posts
MikeCrowsoft said:
Go to the track. Everybody wants to race over there!!! :lol:
yeah, whats up with that??

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
words gettin out finally about these 'neons' with thier 'staged turbo's' and thier 'fiddy trims' :lol:

I hardly get anyone that isnt V8 to fuck with me anymore either

E

·
0 Posts
well alot of people wont race unless they know they have a chance of winning...all people need to hear is that the srt-4 is damn near a 13 second car stock and that its turbocharged...to owners with bone stock v-8 cars that can be a little intimidating even if they wont admit it...i have two guys i work with that wont race me..one has an 05 mustabg GT and the other has a 98 Trans Am ....

whats funny is that they wont run me in the srt-4 but they would race me in my low 11 second mustang...i think its more of a humiliation thing...they would rather get beat by another v8 than a 4 banger...

there is alot of buzz around the srt-4 ...not too many people that dont own them really know what they run...they werent mass produced like the mustangs and camaros and most other performance cars....

be thankful noboday wants to run you on the street...less chance of getting busted..keep it on the track or on a deserted country road...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Racing

I FINALLY ALMOST GOT A RACE, A MUSTANG FLEW BY ME ON THE INTERSTATE. SO I PULLED UP BESIDE HIM, BUT HE JUST STAYED AT THE SPEED LIMIT.SO I FIGURED HE WASNT INTERESTED IN PLAYING, SO I SLOWLY PULLED AHEAD OF HIM AND GOT BACK IN THE SLOW LANE , WITH ANOUTHER CAR IN FRONT OF ME, THEN I LOOK BACK AND HERE HE COMES FLYING BY ME . WTF HE KNEW I COULDNT GET ON IT WITH ANOUTHER CAR IN FRONT OF ME!! OH WELL I GUESS IT MADE HIM FEEL GOOD :frogtongu

·
Registered
263 Posts
yea the dump and the intercooler kinda intimidate people...most of the people that i race i hang out with all the time so its no fun...occasionally i race guys in their M5's on the highway...lol thats always fun

·
Registered
32 Posts
i think the way they look at it is this. if they beat you so what? big deal. :zzzz: :zzzz: congrats you beat a low 14 second car. if they lose to you then its humilating like that other guy said.

when i had my srt i would race non-stop pretty much. that was when they first came out tho so no one knew wtf they were. they just say a wing and exhaust and were like "hey lets go fuck with this guy" and they bit off alot more then they could chew most of the time :clap: :clap:

anyway thats my theory

·
Registered
388 Posts
its really funny how u say that cuz i , drive by people all the time and let a bov right in thier face and i dont know about anyone else but when someone does that to me its on....but somehow in the past 4 months ive gotten one person to race me which happened to be another srt-4... lol, its pretty annoying, i can forsee the summer being a much better experience :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I never get revved at on the street. Thankfully. I don't have to deal with the annoyance

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
USC_SRT said:
Ok, I've had my car for over 3 months now, and I haven't been able to race a single person.

In my last car (non turbo 99 eclipse, with rims and exhaust) I had raced hondas, mustangs, turbo eclipses, and for gods sake I even raced an NSX!!!!

I mean I will roll up next to hondas, and they wont even look at me, and even 2 nice modded mustang gt's ignored me. Evos has just cruised by, I mean its crazy.

I mean I raced more cars in my first car which was an 87 Volvo Wagon that I modded. I even raced a supra in that car.

So whats the deal? Am I just not finding the right people? Anyone else had this experience? Is their a secret sign I don't know or something?
Ok, I'll race you... but can you spot me a few car lengths? give a girl a chance..

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I heard that lots of people love to race at this place called a "track"... some go straight, some in circles, and some in all sorts of crazy turns... if you can't find a race there, I doubt you can find your way out of a paper bag.

·
2013 FF Pizza League Champion
10,991 Posts
Yeah man, go to the track. Someone is always looking to race at the track. :readclose

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know racing on roads is dangerous, but all I want is someone to give me a few pulls on an empty freeway at night from like 45-90 or w/ever. I am not talking about doing like a 1/4 mile on the streets. I'm not an idiot, I wouldnt ever do it where others would get hurt or race to insane stupid speeds. No one can tell me they have never driven 90, so whats the diff if I go 45-90 as fast as I can and someone else is next to me doing the same? I know it's still not safe, but it's one of those things you want to know what your car can do. I hope to be going to a track regulaarly from now on.

Can anyone tell me where to buy a helmet for pretty cheap? Thats the only thing holding me back right now. Hope to see some fellow srts at the track. I hope to go to LACR in a week or so.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you're lucky, I wish people didnt wana race by me lol everybody and their mother tries to race me and it gets VERY annoying especially when there are a million cops out. Consider yourself lucky and believe me tickets and insurance get very expensive. Take it to the track and have fun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts