Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stage 2 computer and with stage 1,2 and 3 there is a feature that you dont have to take your foot off the floor while shifting so you dont loose boost and it will not redline. My question is does anyone know what sensors are used for the feature. My no lift shif it not working. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
290 Posts
N2MB sells a box for that which works 100x Better. You wont be sorry. And I know for that its clutch, cam, and throttle position sensor.

·
Premium Member
14,274 Posts
I have a stage 2 computer and with stage 1,2 and 3 there is a feature that you dont have to take your foot off the floor while shifting so you dont loose boost and it will not redline. My question is does anyone know what sensors are used for the feature. My no lift shif it not working. Can anyone help?
/Agree with those above.

The N2MB Racing WOT Box is the way to go for no-lift shifting even if your setup was working properly. The Mopar software only solution included with the Stage kits doesn't cut ignition like the WOT Box so it puts a severe amount of stress on your clutch, gearbox and axles. This will shorten their life significantly.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
/Agree with those above.

The N2MB Racing WOT Box is the way to go for no-lift shifting even if your setup was working properly. The Mopar software only solution included with the Stage kits doesn't cut ignition like the WOT Box so it puts a severe amount of stress on your clutch, gearbox and axles. This will shorten their life significantly.
^^ Interesting information...

If the staged PCM's don't cut timing, what do they do to keep the turbo spooled/prevent from reving up?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lol you can't argue with this man you will NOT win. Hes genius. And the Mopar kits dont cut the ignition anything like the N2MB boxes. I took s friend for a ride when i first got it mine ( he had the stage kit ) and told me it was nothing like what the stage kits do. The box will safely cut the ignition until your finished through the shifting. It also allows for much easier/safer shifting

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Lol you can't argue with this man you will NOT win. Hes genius. And the Mopar kits dont cut the ignition anything like the N2MB boxes. I took s friend for a ride when i first got it mine ( he had the stage kit ) and told me it was nothing like what the stage kits do. The box will safely cut the ignition until your finished through the shifting. It also allows for much easier/safer shifting
Easy big guy, no arguing here, simply wanting to know the answer! :hi:

So they both cut ignition timing, but the N2MB does it safer/more affective? Interesting...

·
Premium Member
14,274 Posts
So they both cut ignition timing, but the N2MB does it safer/more affective? Interesting...
No, only the N2MB WOT Box cuts ignition while you shift. The Mopar kit just holds the boost while the throttle body is open and you bounce off the rev limiter.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
when i had my stage 3 kit, which was not molested, I got this feature to work maybe 3-4 times. It did seem to cut the ignition and the boost held and it shifted smooth, but how to get it to work 100% of the time is beyond me...

best bet is to buy the N2MB box...

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
No, only the N2MB WOT Box cuts ignition while you shift. The Mopar kit just holds the boost while the throttle body is open and you bounce off the rev limiter.
So you're saying the staged kits are no different than stock? I've been a stage 1 car with no N2MB and have witnessed a WOT shift that held boost and did NOT peg the limiter...

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
How do you install the wot box in the srt4. Online it says the box is not compatible with the srt4?
there are instructions on their website on how to do the install... you can also purchase a plug and play kit from modern performance.

Reactions: fixit
1 - 14 of 14 Posts