Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first srt4, couldn鈥檛 pass up the $1,500 deal I got, runs and drives, salvage title, runs like complete garbage need help finding what I need to buy other than a new car 馃槀 to fix car, can鈥檛 post video but idles weird. Capped vacuum lines, know there is a boost leak. NEED HELP

Attachments

Super Moderator
That's quite a mess. To get you started, here's the vacuum diagram:

I can see a solid motor mount up top, turbo looks stock, I don't like how some of the wires look as though they've been cut then spliced back together. What's with the red and white wires running right behind the fans/radiator?

How does the rest of the car look? Exterior rust? Tore up interior at all? 1500 is a pretty low price for any running SRT-4.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's quite a mess. To get you started, here's the vacuum diagram:

I can see a solid motor mount up top, turbo looks stock, I don't like how some of the wires look as though they've been cut then spliced back together. What's with the red and white wires running right behind the fans/radiator?

How does the rest of the car look? Exterior rust? Tore up interior at all? 1500 is a pretty low price for any running SRT-4.
I have no idea what鈥檚 wrong with the wiring but I was told the red and white wires are the fan wires fans don鈥檛 work whatsoever, car has mopar exhaust, was in a front end collision I will be replacing core support and passenger side fender apron, drivers seat is torn, drivers window motor is broken? Stereo is broken, and yeah that鈥檚 about all I was told and know about the car. Was just told has bigger inter cooler, aftermarket Bov, no ac or power steeering since the accident was on passenger side, and dash lights went out on the drive home,

Registered
I have no idea what鈥檚 wrong with the wiring but I was told the red and white wires are the fan wires fans don鈥檛 work whatsoever, car has mopar exhaust, was in a front end collision I will be replacing core support and passenger side fender apron, drivers seat is torn, drivers window motor is broken? Stereo is broken, and yeah that鈥檚 about all I was told and know about the car. Was just told has bigger inter cooler, aftermarket Bov, no ac or power steeering since the accident was on passenger side, and dash lights went out on the drive home,
Start at the beginning.

What does running like shit mean? How many miles does it have on it?

Does it misfire?
Does it have low compression?

Pull and read the plugs, is it using oil, do the plugs show a leaking headgasket?

If the basic functions of the engine seem ok but shes just got no power.

That computers taken a good hit. I hope its not broken.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Start at the beginning.

What does running like shit mean? How many miles does it have on it?

Does it misfire?
Does it have low compression?

Pull and read the plugs, is it using oil, do the plugs show a leaking headgasket?

If the basic functions of the engine seem ok but shes just got no power.

That computers taken a good hit. I hope its not broken.

I鈥檓 not mechanic so that鈥檚 why I hopped on here to ask around. It has a hang idle from what鈥檚 I was told it sounds like to misfires, one of my injectors has a puddle around it, 88,000 miles, that鈥檚 all I know from what a family mechanic and previous owner has told me.

Registered
I鈥檓 not mechanic so that鈥檚 why I hopped on here to ask around. It has a hang idle from what鈥檚 I was told it sounds like to misfires, one of my injectors has a puddle around it, 88,000 miles, that鈥檚 all I know from what a family mechanic and previous owner has told me.
Do you have basic hand tools? A garage? Someone near you to help with the learning curve, it can be quite steep.

What codes does the key dance bring up?

Registered
The puddle is likely a bad oring. but theres a random hose clamp ive circled and that map wiring looks super sketch.

Registered
The radiator fans are snapped. so you need a new set of those. the IAC connector is broken and not plugged in. that will negate the cars ability to idle.

Super Moderator
Hanging idle is normal on a vehicle that has significant vacuum issues. If you honestly have no idea about working on a vehicle, have the mechanic in your family work with you, and have him check out that vacuum diagram in the thread I linked above. That's a good place to start, and with what lilviper is talking about also. We'll help where we can, but use the "Search Community" above also, you can find a LOT of helpful threads here that can answer many of your questions.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I鈥檒l definitely have my mechanic check out all the suggestion you guys gave me and hopefully she gets back to a good healthy runnings state, thanks for the help Greatly appreciated! 馃憦馃徑

Registered
Built Trans,accelerator shaft,act twin,bst bottom bst head crane18s s366 with tubular manifold etc.
I may be crazy but.... it also looks to be missing the charge pipe.it looks like just a red coupler then nothing??

Premium Member
where are you located? finding a local knowledgeable in the cars could be helpful too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts