Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i live in Miami, and in Florida period there are no smog tests/emissions checks... So i was thinking that a cheap mod for right now could be to flush out my stock cat. or even eliminate it. I know i could easily get an aftermarket 3 " exhaust done. But i just wanted to try it out, since my buddy works at a muffler shop and he's done it to a few other turbo cars, mostly DSM's.. Only problem i can think of right away is a CEL, but i think it can be fixed with an o2 sim. from casper electronics.

·
Registered
928 Posts
well taking out the cat will give you less restriction thus better flow and more power. Now your cabin noise will go up and if your ok with that you can go for it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
stage 1 or 2 will ignore the 2nd o2 sensor to get rid of the cels..

·
Registered
928 Posts
if you go witha highflow cat you will have one ceramic (sp) brick instead of the 2 you have w/stock. That will help too even though it wont be a cheap mod

·
Registered
495 Posts

RED IS BONE STOCK
BLUE mods below with AGP WGA at 19psi spike tapered to 15 at red.

This was today...This was with a dump style exhaust with a twister and no cat. A had a previous dyno, but don't have it scanned. But my peak torque shifted up about 2800 RPMS

Previous dyno was before exhaust which was done 3 days ago. 248.9/275.3

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
No cat = 4th of July sounds from your exhaust when downshifting.

Snap, Crackle and Pop Biatch.

-Mobotix

·
Registered
861 Posts
Does anyone have any thought about the article in scc where they put just a high flow cat, not even deleting cat, and lost power due to detonating on 91 octane. now i know alot of places can get 93, thats what i have here, but if their car was detonating with a high flow cat on 91, then what about detonation on a car running 93, without a cat?im asking this because in fact i dont have a cat on my car. top end its fast bottom end, well, it sucks. im going to put a high flow cat on to even it out like jakes new toy said.

·
Banned
460 Posts
hey man if u get a turbo-back w/mo cat...go like 45 in 4th gear...downshift to 2nd and drop the clutch and listen to the fireworks...its NUTS i do it just to piss of my neighbors LOL...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
lol ya i have that pop whenever i downshift to second or first. but i only have stage 1. i want to get a 3" exauhst w/o the cat but will probably end up getting a highflow cat because i have emissions.

·
Registered
495 Posts
markc20 said:
Does anyone have any thought about the article in scc where they put just a high flow cat, not even deleting cat, and lost power due to detonating on 91 octane. now i know alot of places can get 93, thats what i have here, but if their car was detonating with a high flow cat on 91, then what about detonation on a car running 93, without a cat?im asking this because in fact i dont have a cat on my car. top end its fast bottom end, well, it sucks. im going to put a high flow cat on to even it out like jakes new toy said.
Prime example...I did my dump exhaust and had all my stuff left the same...I had a 3/4 tank of 91 octane...And I ran 16.96 at 87.43 but my 60 foot was like 2.13 yes this was on drag radials..But right after that run I turned my boost down.. As I was spiking 22 and holding it to 5000 grand...I had to drop it to 17 MAX and even then I couldn't break a 13.8. Some of it is me the driver....But I was able to keep my 60's around 2.1 or less. Then I dynoed with the left over of my 91 and my numbers were 240.8 and 272.2. dropped into two shots of the outlaw octane booster and the results are earlier in this post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts