Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm driving home today and the car is running fine and normal..And I decide to get on it a bit,it pulls fine and i look at my gauge it is sitting at 0.It wont move from there..I say weird so i decide to exit the highway and I noticed no brakes..Not your normal brake fluid might be low mushy brakes.NO.The pedal was stiff like when your car is off and you pump your brakes stiff.I check the fluids and what not it's normal.

SO i get it towed to the dealer being that I have the 7/70k warranty..I get there and the service advisor tells me that i'm lucky becaue i was 200 miles shy of 36k.So i laugh under my breath and tell him no i still got to 70k to go..

Anyways after a long battle with them about my warranty,I finally get put in a rental *a gay sebring by the way*.And now i'm home stuck with a rental :(

Sorry for the long rant,I still don't know what caused my brakes to malfunction.But i'll find out monday..

Sorry for the long rant..

ps.If any of your more mechanically inclined guy wanna input on what might the problem be,feel free to do so.THANKS :thumbsup:

pss.Handbraking while exiting a highway sucks ass when you don't know your brakes are gone

·
Registered
773 Posts
I see two good things to this post... 1 you didn't crash and hurt your car... 2 not as important you didn't crash and get hurt.

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
you should have checked the line that ran to your brake booster

·
Registered
11,017 Posts
its the line that goes to the brake booster u might be able just to plug it back in or it mighta dissapeared so they'll need to replace it

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Tex said:
you should have checked the line that ran to your brake booster
Gaurantee thats the problem right there. You likely just popped off your bake booster hose. The boost gauge tees off the booster, and that would also explain why the gauge reads -0-.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I didn't even think about that at first, being that I was PISSED that I almost smashed into another car.And Pissed that my car has been in at the dealer for repairs so many damn times..

I still love this car dammit and i'm not ready to give up on my baby ;)

Once again thanks for the input guys.You all have a good one i'm out for the weekend

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
so im guessing that they didnt say anything IF you had any mods done to your car??? if so which dealership did you go to

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
jaymzx said:
Gaurantee thats the problem right there. You likely just popped off your bake booster hose. The boost gauge tees off the booster, and that would also explain why the gauge reads -0-.
exactly..

Also the reason mine is on there VERY good and zip tied......
thats some scary shit.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
c0m3b4ck said:
Damn, so all that work and u still didnt crash, fuck im disappointed at myself:hi:

j/k
:rofl: :lol: :rofl: Buahahaha

My driving skills >*

Well looks like I have some zip tying to do to keep those lines from coming off.
Thanks fellas.
And to answer your questions about mods,I only have a wga and they still didn't notice it.Even with the bright orange hose we used for it.*didn't have any black hose left*

·
Registered
717 Posts
HoTSauZE said:
:rofl: :lol: :rofl: Buahahaha

My driving skills >*

Well looks like I have some zip tying to do to keep those lines from coming off.
Thanks fellas.
And to answer your questions about mods,I only have a wga and they still didn't notice it.Even with the bright orange hose we used for it.*didn't have any black hose left*
its not that they dont notice it, but having a wastegate is not gonna cause ur brakes to fuck up, no connection there.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
c0m3b4ck said:
its not that they dont notice it, but having a wastegate is not gonna cause ur brakes to fuck up, no connection there.
True but some dealer techs are fucken worthless :stab:
lol

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Yeah i clamped the one on the bottom of the intake mani and zip tied the Tee i heard its like OH SHIT when it happens so i did it to be safe. Actually they leak anyways if you dont zip tie. Anything over 17-18psi should have it done

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mo'sSRT4 said:
are they going to fix it for you marco? They better.
Yes sir.Still under warranty.The guy made me laugh and said i only had 300 mile to go before it expired and I pulled out my paper work where it said 7/70k ;)
Of course they gave me a hassle just because they are dicks,but it's cool.Let's see what happens..
I'll see you guys tommorow in a gay ass sebring :stab:

dansrt4 said:
Yeah i clamped the one on the bottom of the intake mani and zip tied the Tee i heard its like OH SHIT when it happens so i did it to be safe. Actually they leak anyways if you dont zip tie. Anything over 17-18psi should have it done
Cool thanks for the info..
And yes it's like WTF OH SHIT [email protected]#[email protected]#$# when you step on the break and the damn pedal is stiff.lol

·
Registered
717 Posts
HoTSauZE said:
Yes sir.Still under warranty.The guy made me laugh and said i only had 300 mile to go before it expired and I pulled out my paper work where it said 7/70k ;)
Of course they gave me a hassle just because they are dicks,but it's cool.Let's see what happens..
I'll see you guys tommorow in a gay ass sebring :stab:

Cool thanks for the info..
And yes it's like WTF OH SHIT [email protected]#[email protected]#$# when you step on the break and the damn pedal is stiff.lol
CHINGAS MUCHO!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :ninja:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts