Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 pt gt with srt4 stage 1 upgrade and getrag288 trans. Got the car fixed it up to how it needed to be. Previous owner blew the head. Head was rebuilt and installed and the lines i took off were placed as where they was. As far as im aware there is no leaks. I have replaced lines as well. Speed sensor dont work. I broke a wire and when i soldered it back on it still dont work. Ive gone thru the lines and im sure everythimg is good. Some missing pieces but are all hooked up. There are no parts gt around me and i cant seem to find anyone parting 1 out. I did find the rare speed sensor so fingers crossed it works. No boost gauge yet but is ordered. Now to my issue. I have little to no boost. No play in turbo. No clogged oil lines. You can hear the turbo spool up some and i can hear the b.o.v releasing pressure. Car came with another and i put it on just incase it was letting go prematurely but same thing occurs. I also have a feeling solenoids may b bad. But who knows. Any help is appreciated. With the speedo not working amd communicating with pcm, is it not allowing me to produce boost? Ive searched everywhere on this topic and cant find it. Ive very well educated with cars. But turbos are new to me. I have not done a boost leak yet but as stated before i have fixed some lines. Charge pipe is all good. Everything's clamped and good and tight. No rubber broken. While i wait for gauges to come figured maybe i can get some insight first. Seems like the gt page might be dead but never hurts to try. Also new here. Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
i almost guarantee the speed sensor not working is causing a limp mode type situation and the pcm is holding back the boost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i almost guarantee the speed sensor not working is causing a limp mode type situation and the pcm is holding back the boost.
I was wondering the same thing. But literally no info online. Ive spent hours reading. I have a getrag288 trans and they dont make the sensor anymore. Mine wires r broke and soldered them but still dont work. I found a guy out west who has one and im going to try and buy it. Id rather figure another way and just do it manually but with this ran by pcm i dont believe theres anyway around it. 03 pt gt srt4

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering the same thing. But literally no info online. Ive spent hours reading. I have a getrag288 trans and they dont make the sensor anymore. Mine wires r broke and soldered them but still dont work. I found a guy out west who has one and im going to try and buy it. Id rather figure another way and just do it manually but with this ran by pcm i dont believe theres anyway around it. 03 pt gt srt4
But it also dont help that these lines were put back "chopped" seems like missing pieces. Foumd another guy whos selling me the 3 solenoids and the vac lines with everything. Just as a precaution. Gettimg those

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
its my understanding that all the manual PTGTs got the getrag 288. If thats true, i would think those sensors would be correct for you. but, my knowledge on those cars is limited, so i certainly could be wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rockauto dont have it. Usually my go to site for parts. As we speak right now a guy is pulling the vac assembly and solenoids for the turbo. Hell ship it out tomorrow. Sent me pics and everything. He said hell keep his eyes open for a speed sensor as well. There is a guy who has 1 but for 50$ and no guarantee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.