Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had experience with either of these (NT-555R or the NT-01) I am trying to decide which one to get. I want to get a set of 17-7.5 rims just for the front to put these tires on. I don't plan on driving on these all the time I want a set that is going to give me the best traction for launching, but I dont want to give up the ability to stear either.

Thanks,

kent_man

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
from my understanding.. the NT-01 are basically just race tires.. there is nearly no actually tread on these tires... i don't know how well these would work if it were to rain

·
Banned
4,828 Posts
kent_man said:
I was wondering if anyone had experience with either of these (NT-555R or the NT-01) I am trying to decide which one to get. I want to get a set of 17-7.5 rims just for the front to put these tires on. I don't plan on driving on these all the time I want a set that is going to give me the best traction for launching, but I dont want to give up the ability to stear either.

Thanks,

kent_man
Nt-01s are not good for highway use!!! Does not respond well to long heat cycle's!!!!! Great for the auto cross, but not for all out draging. Theres other tires that would probably suit you better, then those choices!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DDogsrt461BLK 3.0 said:
Nt-01s are not good for highway use!!! Does not respond well to long heat cycle's!!!!! Great for the auto cross, but not for all out draging. Theres other tires that would probably suit you better, then those choices!!!!!
What do you recomend then? I was also debating on a 15inch rim.

·
Banned
4,828 Posts
kent_man said:
What do you recomend then? I was also debating on a 15inch rim.
You should do a little search, by brands. I run a set of Kumho Ecsta MX's on my stock wheeled car, 215\45. I personally love the tires, way better then stock for sure. Now they aren't all out drag tires, they were just what I was looking for. Here's a link to Kumho tires, but do a search on some of the tires I list.

Kumho Tires :)
Here's the link

Here some tires to look at!!!!

Falken\ Azenis RT-615 yummy
Yokohama\ Advan Neova
Goodyear\ Eagle SS DOT Drag Radial New stuff
BF Goodrich\ G-force T\A Drag Radial
Toyo\ Proxes RA-1
Yokohama\ AO32R and the Advan AO48
Dunlop\ SP Sport 8000 and the SP Sport FM901
Bridgestone\ Potenza RE01R

All the tires listed above are mostly top of the food chain as far as tires go!!! Just remember the lower the treadwear, the better the traction, but the faster they wear out!!!!! Lower is good, just so $$$$$$$ :thumbsup: :eveilgrin

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
if you like nitto, i suggest the new style NeoGen. its what i run. great tire. low road noise, good big tread blocks, resistant to premature wear on neg camber due to an alternative compund used on the inside of the tire. plus they are a great price. i got all 4 225/45/17 mounted balanced with lifetime balance and rotations and warranty for like $480 out the door. i have taken them to the track NUMEROUS times and have cut consistent 2.0 60' times and ran 13.1 @ 107 and a 13.4 @ 109 with them. i have rotated them 3 times already and they are still in AWESOME shape and have TONS of use left in them.

check them out!

·
Administrator
39,215 Posts
just ignore all nitto tires. The BFG drag radials are supposed to be much better as drag radials. The NT-01 is a crappy tire. Shorter tread life and worse wet weather traction than the RT-615 with supposedly the same grip levels.

the BFG drag radials aren't going to be horrible in the turns, but they won't be good either. on the RT-615, AD07, and RE01R you have to rely on a soft tread only for straight line grip. The RA1, the A032R and A048 have very soft tread and very stiff sidewallls, they are road race tires that won't be safe in the wet (except the RA1 which is decent, but not great), they will also wear out insanely quick, way less than 10k miles. The Dunlop tires aren't good, period. I've had an SP8000 chunk out the sidewall from cornering, even with elevated air pressures. The FM901 just gets horrible reviews posted all of the time.

The goodyear isn't avaiable in a size that could possibly fit on our cars.

·
Registered
331 Posts
i really like the neo gens in 225/45/17 flavor. i can launch with zero to no wheelhop on these babies (stage3 with boltons and 3" turboback) and they are also good in water and ocasional light snow. the only ones i like better are the bfg DRs... they are ok in the wet as long as you drive like a normal person. i got caught in a flash whiteout and i was still able to get home with them (driving super slow but still...) Suprisingly, the DRs hold really well in the bends with the hotckins sway bars, which is one of hte must have mods in any car. IMO any street tire has to be half decent in the wet in order to pass DOT ratings so it all comes down to how you drive and adjusting for bad roads

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
DDogsrt461BLK 3.0 said:
You should do a little search, by brands. I run a set of Kumho Ecsta MX's on my stock wheeled car, 215\45. I personally love the tires, way better then stock for sure. Now they aren't all out drag tires, they were just what I was looking for. Here's a link to Kumho tires, but do a search on some of the tires I list.

Kumho Tires :)
Here's the link

Here some tires to look at!!!!

Falken\ Azenis RT-615 yummy
Yokohama\ Advan Neova
Goodyear\ Eagle SS DOT Drag Radial New stuff
BF Goodrich\ G-force T\A Drag Radial
Toyo\ Proxes RA-1
Yokohama\ AO32R and the Advan AO48
Dunlop\ SP Sport 8000 and the SP Sport FM901
Bridgestone\ Potenza RE01R

All the tires listed above are mostly top of the food chain as far as tires go!!! Just remember the lower the treadwear, the better the traction, but the faster they wear out!!!!! Lower is good, just so $$$$$$$ :thumbsup: :eveilgrin

Looks likes a autocross STS tires list kinda

falkin azienis or what ever there call azineins sports where a good tires and they make them in that size

1 - 9 of 9 Posts