Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some new tires. I'm in college so I need to know what the best tire is for $100 dollars. I am seriously considering the neo gens. I wanted the Yokohaha Paradas but they do not come in 225/45/17. I heard thats the size to get for the stock rims. I found the nittos for 89 bucks at www.BARRETIRE.com That seems like a good deal to me. I just can't find many reviews on the nittos. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have had the Neo Gen for about 6 months now and it's an all around pretty good tire for the price. Now as far as fitting those on a stock rim (17x6) I don't think it'll be a great idea...some people might tell u it can be done but I suggest following what the tire manufacturer suggested and in this case it's a min of 7" wide rim (goes for any 225 wide tire).

Stan.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My performance shop said they could put the 225/45/17's on the stock rim. What problems might I have by going with this size tire? I thought it would help with the wheel hop a bit and put some more rubber on the road?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Does your performance shop know that the stock wheels are 6" wide and not 7" like most 17s? Also...u can put 235s on it if you want but the look/fit and performance will be diminished.
Beside if you're looking at reducing the wheel hop, it would be best to first look at getting some motor mounts, control arm suspension kit (sold by forum vendors) or some coilovers.

·
Registered
647 Posts
PRODIGI said:
Oh yeah, he also told me that they put 225's on another srt and the guy liked it. But he was only concerned with straight line performance. Will my handling suffer?
READ the tire specs and info that'll answer ur question about handling...It doesn't matter how much u spend on a tire...if you want it perform as it does in the ratings (dry/wet handling) you have to use it with a rim size that tire was intended to be used on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They know it's a 6 inch rim. I also pm'd to the wheel and tire forums moderater about it (Evo77 and he said it would be good). I'm gonna give it a shot. I'll have them put on the rims and if they look bad or bulgy i'll have him send it back in exchange for 215's I decided to go with Falken FK-451's by the way. I'm getting them installed wendsday along with tokico illuminas. Thanks for your suggestions. I'll let you guys know how it go's.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i have the yoks on the stockers right now at 215/45 they are very stiff and sticky.however the sidewalls flex too much for the 6" stock rims.im into handling not just drag so the body roll is what im trying to get rid of.i have a set of 5zigens on the way that are 17x8 that should make those fit much better.i have mp s2 coilovers so i got them in a 35mm offset.i had 5zigen 18x7.5 with 235/40 kumo 712 but they are at a 42mm offset and wont work with the c/o.as for the g-force do not get the kdw's they are cheap yes but they wont give you what you want.the g-force kd's are the ones you want.they are the summer tire and have the stiffest sidewall for a street tire ang grip better.my buddy has them in his srt- stock rims using 205/50.and they ride almost like my coilovers.he has stock shocks and spings.they will be my next tire for sure at 159.00 each at tirerack others charge up to 280.00.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.