Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time has come and im getting a great deal on a Zex kit, anyways onto my question. Im doing a triple pillar w/ N2o psi, oil psi, and my Uego.... personally what gauge is the best as far as mechanical or electric... im going electrical on the oil psi, but im not exactly sure what to go with on the n2o, since ive got to run the lines anyways for the tank i was just thinking of going mech.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
525 Posts
well think of it this way, mechanical you will have to run lines(stainless steal) for the juice and oil which will run all that into your pillar, most older muscle guys use mechanical gauges which is why they stick out of the hoods (ghey) electrical just have signals sent to the gauges electronically lol, i vote those even though they are more money, i would also recommend a fuel pressure gauge thats most important while spraying

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i know electrical is best for everything, but i was just curious seeing as how i have to run the n2o lines anyways, but for everything else im going electrical.

thanks for the input.

·
Registered
525 Posts
it will be cheaper and imo safer because while the gauge is about 50 bucks more, all you need to run is wire back to the bottle where as if you get a mechanical you'll need to get sending and return ss lines for the juice and youll be running nitrous all over your cabin :stab:

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i think ive decided just going electrical.... It will more than likely be alot easier to intstall too.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
879 Posts
I used a mechanical nitrous gauge in my dakota's a-pillar and it was kind of a pain getting it all put together. I had to rig up some elbow fittings to make it fit underneath the pillar because the you can't make sharp bends with the ss braided line. I also used a mechanical gauge in the srt4 but this time i put it in the center console, here some pics of it http://photobucket.com/albums/y158/dtjohnson01/srt4/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts