Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just told buy a dodge dealership service adviser that my 2002
nissan se-r was a better quality car than my new 2004 srt 4. would anyone else agree? That pisses me off b/c i went into debt b/c i fell in love wit this car, so i had to have it

·
Super Moderator
64,297 Posts
srtfreak69 said:
I was just told buy a dodge dealership service adviser that my 2002
nissan se-r was a better quality car than my new 2004 srt 4. would anyone else agree? That pisses me off b/c i went into debt b/c i fell in love wit this car, so i had to have it
ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR A DEALERSHIP DOESNT KNOW SHIT

its like they have to enter the twilight zone before being employed.. completely clueless

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
srt is a better car allround, best bang for the buck, the previous owner of that title was the spec-v it is an okay car... handles awesome other than that i say nothing about it, i don't want to start a fight, just know the srt is better... some may disagree but for my purposes it is 'fun'.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Having traded in my 03 spec-v 4 the srt-4,The spec-v I had was having interior noise issues which bothered the hell out of me.Since owning the srt4 I have had no issues what so ever. I am a diehard Nissan fan and still am so don't get me confused with a Nissan basher. But I was happy as hell getting rid of that 03 specv pos. The older ser's were for sure the better ones,which I have also owned. SRT-4 over the SPEC-V as far as quality goes in my experience.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had an 02 Spec V and had no problems with it.
But I Love my SRT-4 and I would not trade it for another Spec-V.
The only thing is I believe is that the Spec-V has better handling, but with a couple of hundred dollars to mod the suspension of the SRT-4 it would dominate the Spec-V all around.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I JUST traded my 02 spec V in on my 04 SRT, and here is what I have noticed about the 2

-spec V is wider, more interior room side to side, build quality does seem a little better(higher quality interior plastics), unreal handling

-srt has awesome power, the seats can't be beat, softer ride, more interior room front to back,

The verdict, while the V does handle way better, the SRT can be made to equal the handling, and well really is there anything better than boost? I think not.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Ex 03 spec v owner as well. The engine was good in the car, decent low end tourque (nothing like the srt4 though). But the interior was Mexican garbage, not trying to offend any mexicans here, but the car is made in mexico, and I had it at the dealer no less then 10 times trying to fix squeeks and rattles, and I only owned the car for 10 months, with only about 1/2 them getting fixed, then resurfacing a week later.

The tranny is good, but Nissan fucked up the shift linkages as well, it's the same tranny as the 6-speed tiburon, and it shifts much worse, the mileage isn't great, but the car does handle better then a stock srt-4.

ONe more thing, the lsd is NFG when it comes to cold winters. At anything colder then -20C the lsd squeeled like a fucking pig, and the service techs could never hear anything (morons). But maybe I'm just bitter, those are just some of the problems I had with my spec v, so I'd say that the srt is much more reliable. Only been to the dealer to install mopar parts and fix broken sunroof.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My Spec V was built in mexico. My SRT-4 was built in Canada. I've had only one build quality issue with my SRT, and several with my Spec V.

For example, when I got my spec V, one of the rear plastic interior panels was not attached. It was easy to snap into place, however. Also, after about 2 weeks, foam started comming out from the vents - this was insulation foam for the ductwork, and the dealership told me to pull it out. At about 14000 km, my A/C refused to turn off, so they had to replace the climate control module in the dash...

I've now got 8000 km on my SRT-4, and the only incident I had was a power steering hose rupture just after I bought it (a defective hose from the factory). No recalls, no other odd stuff...

I do think an SRT-4 would be wicked with a 6-speed... but not if it means an even shorter 1st gear... perhaps if 3rd, 4th, and 5th were adjusted into a 3rd, 4th,5th, 6th it would be cool.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.