Dodge SRT Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
neonphenom3 said:
Ya know what....I actually see both sides of this discussion. LID says that one risk doesn't make another one ok. But the ALLIED FORCES say that wrong is wrong and no matter whose fault it is it's still wrong. I ask this...What are we saying? What makes something wrong vs. ok. What is the dividing line? Is it the level of the risk or is it the act itself that makes street racing bad? I have been street racing since I was 5. It went from big wheels to scooters to car but....still racing. At what point did it become wrong? Was it ever right? what makes the drag strip safer than a monitored, empty street? These are questions we need to ask if we are seriously discussing street racing. My opinion is that it only becomes wrong when someone gets hurt or dies. No one kills intentionaly when driving so when does that innocence turn into malice?
It's a matter of degrees. Quite frankly if you want to run someone up to the speed limit or a few MPH faster, that's fine as far as I'm concerned. But I know people that will race each other at triple digit speeds on public roads for 30min+. That's stupid. There are speeds which are safe on public roads and there are speeds that aren't.

JC

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Slow5OH said:
So I guess when I park illegally here on campus I'm just as dangerous as some dumb shit racing someone up to 140 mph on the highway? Afterall we're both breaking the law, right?
not as dangerous since you arent moving, but stupid? yeah. does parking illegally make you feel better?

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
eXtremeSRT said:
No I don't which is why when I get caught, I don't act like a little bitch and try to make excuses.

You on the oher hand...
so why would you want to continue speeding if you know its wrong? do you know why?

me on the other hand? bitch, you dont know me. stop acting like you do.

oh, shit never mind. you come from nazi oc, you automatically are better and know everything.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
neonphenom3 said:
But the ALLIED FORCES say that wrong is wrong and no matter whose fault it is it's still wrong.
except when it comes to speeding, which they will accept the consequences if they are caught. but it isnt about you speeders accepting it is it? the people you are endangering on the road shouldnt have to accept it. right, eXtremeSRT?

but i agree with what you are saying neonphenom3. empty road... who exactly is getting hurt?

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
It's a matter of degrees. Quite frankly if you want to run someone up to the speed limit or a few MPH faster, that's fine as far as I'm concerned. But I know people that will race each other at triple digit speeds on public roads for 30min+. That's stupid. There are speeds which are safe on public roads and there are speeds that aren't.
and it isnt always the speed limit, is it?

but dear god. 100+ for 30 minutes. where are these roads again? :wink:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
What concerned me about all the street racing on this board is the frequency of it and the manner in which it is run. You know when I see multiple pictures from people with their speedometers buried I just start to wonder. I don't believe any form of street racing is good but like AWD said, there's certain degrees of it. It's one thing to race your friend on a deserted street up to the speedlimit, it's something else entirely when you're running triple digit speeds for extended periods of time. I think it's not so much the actual act that bothers me it's just the mentality of it. It seems to be the general agreement on this board that it is OK to put innocent people's lives at risk when you're racing. I believe that's wrong. It's your own business if you want to turn yourself into a greasy stain on some country road but I don't believe you have the right to make that decision for someone else or endanger someone else's life.

-faast

·
Corgi-ish
6,148 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:

JC
Someone thinks that what you've said is wrong too. WHO'S WRONG THEN?
What I'm trying to tell you is that it is all opinion. According to the law, all of it is wrong. So if you decide to break the law, it's up to you where the next limit is.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
can you say FULL CIRCLE!!!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
vdubspeed said:
the truth hurts sometimes 5hift :tongue:
my friend was given a 98 neon by his grandmom. he really put alot of money into it and it looked really nice. it wasnt fast but for two highschool kids the car was sick and plus we used it to learn how to work on cars and stupid stuff like that.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts