Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My srt4 has a dsp tuner with custom tune, godspeed bfmic, cai, mpx catless dp and full exhaust, boomba check valve, after market tip and map sensors, hks bov (not for performance), just ordered a short throw shifter and ordering a N2mb wot box 2 stpe launch control and no lift shifting.. what else do i do that wont cost me 2 grand?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch and transmission upgrades. Maybe brakes and suspension too.
My car only has 39k miles tho hahah I think my tranny fine as of right now hahaha I'm selling it before I hit 60k anyway but yea I'm probably going to need a clutch soon. Still stock clutch

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
So, why would you even post if you are going to trash the car out then sell it? I mean leave it the way it is if it only has 39k miles on it and sell to a person that will garage keep it or take care of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, why would you even post if you are going to trash the car out then sell it? I mean leave it the way it is if it only has 39k miles on it and sell to a person that will garage keep it or take care of it.
When did i say i was going to trash my car? it is garage kept? not driven when its snowing or salt on the road. I change my oil every 2500 miles with mobil 1 oil? so tell me how im trashing my car? the only reason im selling it at 60k is trans problems down the road i dont want to deal with.

·
Premium Member
6,825 Posts
just ordered a short throw shifter and ordering a N2mb wot box 2 stpe launch control and no lift shifting..
Because you said this I am guessing. It is probably because history has shown that when owners in the past have installed this, they have messed up their cars.
By installing also it increases your chance of messing up your transmission which you say you don't want to deal with. :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because you said this I am guessing. It is probably because history has shown that when owners in the past have installed this, they have messed up their cars.
By installing also it increases your chance of messing up your transmission which you say you don't want to deal with. :wink:
I changed my mind about getting the n2mb hahahah im going e85 in about 3 weeks tho, just waiting for the weather to stay steady

·
Registered
230 Posts
Now that's a great choice ;)
I made the move about a month ago, best bang for the buck. You getting the injector/tune combo from duster?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
When did i say i was going to trash my car? it is garage kept? not driven when its snowing or salt on the road. I change my oil every 2500 miles with mobil 1 oil? so tell me how im trashing my car? the only reason im selling it at 60k is trans problems down the road i dont want to deal with.
Fyi forks have been known to be done at 30-40k by original owners.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that's a great choice ;)
I made the move about a month ago, best bang for the buck. You getting the injector/tune combo from duster?
Yes ive read his tunes are great, and cheap for what you get

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Fyi forks have been known to be done at 30-40k by original owners.
Was just going to mention this. If you plan to punish your car - be prepared to damage/break your 3/4 fork. The tab on the 3/4 fork has been known to break when slamming 3rd if you aren't in perfect sync (clutch not disengaged long enough, missed gear, TRYING to FORCE it into gear etc).

OP Duster360's e85 tune and injectors are a GREAT investment. Be sure to have a wideband to check/monitor your AFR, do the datalogs he asks for and you'll be a happy camper. From the mods you describe as long as every thing is working good/running great you'll be in the zone to max out the stock turbo which is known to surprise and impress! Just take care of that low mileage car and it will take care of you :nerd2:

One thing to note as HybridKid mentioned - the stock turbo with e85 and and a good amount of boost will guarantee 110% kill the stock clutch. You may get one season out of it if it's healthy now - so consider that down the line. What spark plugs are you running? what gap? If you haven't changed them since you got the car I recommend NGK 4306 Copper V Power plugs, gapped around 0.032-0.035 - if you experience breakup you may go a little lower but you should not have to if your wires and coil are in good shape. Have fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts