Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first let me say I am really obsessed with this car! I have had many nice cars but this one is different. We all know as SRT4 owners what I am talking about right? Anyway, I am contemplating my next mod to be the AGP bigger direct fit FMIC along with new hard pipes and silicone couplers. All advice would be appreciate.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Had one. Didn't fit w/o cutting bumper. Research indicated it would eventually heat soak and then take forever to cool back down. Water spray with Toys on stock FMIC with nicer rounded end tank tank design works better IMHO.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had one. Didn't fit w/o cutting bumper. Research indicated it would eventually heat soak and then take forever to cool back down. Water spray with Toys on stock FMIC with nicer rounded end tank tank design works better IMHO.
Thanks, good to hear from someone that had one. But r u saying the stock FMIC has nicer rounded end tank design than the AGP?

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Thanks, good to hear from someone that had one. But r u saying the stock FMIC has nicer rounded end tank design than the AGP?
Yes, when I bought mine, but I believe AGP switched over to more rounded end-tanks later, but I think bumper still needs cutting a bit due to the thicker core which again will eventually heat soak and take longer to cool down. If I had to do it again, I'd keep the stock FMIC and look for a Stage 2 wth Toys although that may be hard to find, so perhals a better alternative would be a FMIC cooling nozel kit for the FMIC (not a Methanol kit for the intake) from someone like CoolingMist.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, when I bought mine, but I believe AGP switched over to more rounded end-tanks later, but I think bumper still needs cutting a bit due to the thicker core which again will eventually heat soak and take longer to cool down. If I had to do it again, I'd keep the stock FMIC and look for a Stage 2 wth Toys although that may be hard to find, so perhals a better alternative would be a FMIC cooling nozel kit for the FMIC (not a Methanol kit for the intake) from someone like CoolingMist.
Thanks, I will check out the sprayer. I have considered water sprayers or even C02 sprayers. This is the one I am considering from Modern Performance. As far as heat soak, when I do drive hard It's usually in quick spurts not repeated pulls. What do u think about doing piping only on the stock FMIC, any real benefit?
Grille Hood Automotive design Gas Automotive exterior
Hood Rectangle Bag Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
I like silicon pipes with t-bolt clamps, but not hard pipes and couplings with twice as many clamps (2 per joint). One good thing about the aftermarket FMIC is they have a nice, easy to seal round hotside inlet instead of the oval found in the stocker.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like silicon pipes with t-bolt clamps, but not hard pipes and couplings with twice as many clamps (2 per joint). One good thing about the aftermarket FMIC is they have a nice, easy to seal round hotside inlet instead of the oval found in the stocker.
Good point, I do like round is better.

·
Registered
15,000 Posts
I have the AGP direct fit intercooler. I did not cut the bumper cover. It fits, but it pushes the bumper cover out a bit. This damaged the rubber seals around the headlights. I just pulled them off, and run it as is. I do have over heating issues when I push it hard. But I think this is in part due to the lack of airflow to the radiator. Because there is no gap between the top of the intercooler and the bottom of the crash bar foam. It's only been a real issue when I was bedding in my new brakes. Usually, I will push it, then turn on the A/C, spray the radiator (what I can reach) and intercooler and let it sit for a few minutes. It should be noted that I'm running E85, but I haven't had any slow cooldown issues other than the brake bedding incident.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts