Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
nex-o px-5's

I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems with these wheels as I am. I have tried everything, and still cant seem to fix my bad vibration problem. They are wrapped in toyo proxe 4's.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops meant to say nex-o px-5's

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
mine are just fine. but i trust the installer!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed them myself with a friend, and I trust the both of us.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
hmmm, this is interesting because that is the same setup I plan on getting (pending the results of my poll). Bump, I would like to see you guys get this fixed. Don't you have to remove that stupid pull-pin or something (the thing that looks like a grenade pin)? it just holds a washer onto the rotor, but the stock wheels have a bevelled hole for it. Aftermarkets don't.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no I didn't remove any washers on the wheel studs, what washers are you talking about? sorry if it's a stupid question but I wasn't aware of this. I do know of the grenade pin you are talking about but I didn't think that would cause a problem.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
I never removed those washers when I put my wheels on....Dosn't vibrate or anything...Weird....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O wow lol thanks for the help man sorry bout the stupid question once again, and I know I should have searched but I was just so damn frustrated. Anyhow got a new set of proxe 4's out of the deal. :clap:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
hehe, don't worry. I do it all the time

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
AdvanSRT-4 said:
I never removed those washers when I put my wheels on....Dosn't vibrate or anything...Weird....
You somehow probably put it on just right so that even pressure was applied to all 5 washers. If you used a air-gun, and fully torqued each bolt down separately it probably would not be aligned evenly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea the car is balanced and aligned, and I was standing right next to the guy when he did it. I think the problem is solved though, I have to remove that damn washer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts