Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dad at work today and asked him to check into the employee discount on the car. He called Detroit and this car DOES indeed qualify for the discount. Don't let the dealers tell you anything different. I must tell you though, that they do not have to honor it. So then, the choice is yours....

FYI-the discount is 3% under invoice AND no holdback.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
[email protected]#[email protected]# this is the best news i've heard in a while (THANKS DAD!)
anyways... the dealers are reimbursed for it anyways. so as long as the dealer was planning to sell it at MSRP then they should have 0 problem selling it for 3% under (or 1% under if you're friends with a (former) dcx employee. as for the ASSHOLE dealers trying to sell it for more, may they quickly learn that people (hopefully) wont pay more than ADVERTISED price for this vehicle.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
drizze99 said:
I called my dad at work today and asked him to check into the employee discount on the car. He called Detroit and this car DOES indeed qualify for the discount. Don't let the dealers tell you anything different. I must tell you though, that they do not have to honor it. So then, the choice is yours....

FYI-the discount is 3% under invoice AND no holdback.
so... do friends get a good discount? :p

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
if the employee discount works i imagine the friends and family does too... just a guess (1% just in case you don't know)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
hey drizze99, need any new friends? :wink:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wnxp0rnstar said:
so 3% is how much off ? is that 3% off of 19995 or what cause thats only liek $600.00, and mostly the employee discounts are more then that
M.S.R.P: $19,995
Invoice: $18,602
DC disc. -$558.00
Holdback -$600.00

Employee price should be around $17,444.00
I would say that this is +/- $100 accurate

What will be REALLY interesting to see is if they have that rebate as well!! Even though its on Chrysler Financial's website, I don't think it is right. BUT, if by chance it is, DC employees could be looking at $14,944 after rebate.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
as for the rebates, my mom when she bought her 2000 durrango the policy was that you get the employee discount and whatever rebate offers that are going on at the time. hehe 17k - 2k....thats like 5,000 msrp...what a deal!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
drizze99 said:
He called Detroit and this car DOES indeed qualify for the discount.
exactly how do i call detroit...i'd like to hear it w/ my own ears. no offence or anything, there's just been lots of rumors going around the net

thanks

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This an email I just received from my dealer:

Please do not remove your Customer Number[XXXXXXXX] from the subject line when you reply to this email.

Andre,
Its solely up to each individual dealership if they want to sell a vehicle to a chrysler employee. Especially if it is a high demand vehicle. We will honor your EP program on this SRT so dont worry. I dont have pricing for EP yet but will forward it to you when i do. Take care and see ya soon.
Matt Anderson
=======
-Mark Silver
Internet Director
-Matt Anderson
Internet Manager
Jerry Ulm Dodge, Inc.

>Mark Silver and/or Matt Anderson
>
>Hello, how are you guys doing? I called my father at work (works for
>Chrysler) today (01/15/03) and I had him look into the employee discount
>on the SRT-4. He called Detroit and they confirmed that the Dodge SRT-4
>DOES qualify for the employee discount program. Is your dealership going
>to honor that? I would also like to have the agreed upon price e-mailed
>to me. Thank You in advance for your promptness.
>
>Andre

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NoisufnoC said:
drizze99 said:
He called Detroit and this car DOES indeed qualify for the discount.
exactly how do i call detroit...i'd like to hear it w/ my own ears. no offence or anything, there's just been lots of rumors going around the net

thanks
1-800-227-0757, #3, then #1 on you're phone (when automated system comes up)

I called myself as well, and the only car that is NOT eligible is the Viper. I also asked about the $2,500 rebate and it DOES apply until Feb. 28, 2003.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
all factory incentives also apply to employee discounts (again, its backed by the factory so the dealer honors it b/c they get reimbursed). All dealer incentives (unless to dealer is really nice/stupid) get dropped because they don't get that back :p

I like the sound of 17500 for an srt, i've never heard of holdback?

and for those still confused the 3% or 1% is taken off invoice, not final price (drizze did it right, im just clarifying)

·
Registered
73 Posts
What is the discount for DC employees, and what about if they are retired, do they still get any discount. If so, then i have a friend in MD that is retired for DC. If so I can get him to get the discount, hmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
you get the discount till you're in the ground, and even then if you're married your wife still gets it. 3% under. the friends and family is new, this is the second year they've done it. no other car manuf has as good a discount as chrysler does (that i know of, feel free to prove me wrong)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
ugh, i thought you could have picked up on it from the other posts.

All employees (not dealer employees FACTORY employees) get 3% under dealer invoice, no hassle, no fudging the price etc.. 3% under no questions asked.

Starting in 2002 chrysler gave each employee (And retirees etc) 4 (four) (vier, quatro) "Friends and Family" control numbers. That is an employee (retiree) had the ability/chance to give 4 people (distant family/friends) a discount of 1% under invoice (same as employee deal only 1% under instead of 3%). They've continued to do this again in 2003. (how nice of them!).

got it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
this is good news but if u have someone in ur family that works in the corporate areas of dc like me u will get a higher percentage of ur srt-4. but if u find a corporate worker they a willing to give u a discount if u want to because they get a deal off their discount too. D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
10 Participants
thehemi
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing