Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my first post. Looking to buy an srt-4 in the next couple months so just doing my part of researching!! So far I know I want an 04 black or blue!

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
welcome. Black shouldnt be hard to find. 04 or 05 would be damn near the same exact car.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I've read so far the 05 can be finicky with adding mods. As the 04 is more accepting.
Plus 04 05 have lsd.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
... they’re the same car.
I wouldnt even snooze at an 03 because most have been swapped for the lsds and bigger injectors by now. In fact I wish i had a solar yellow.

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
I wouldnt even snooze at an 03 because most have been swapped for the lsds and bigger injectors by now. In fact I wish i had a solar yellow.
but... but...but the 03's dont have the cool pedals..... :grin:

haha.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts

haha.
LOL but you can get aftermarkey pedal covers....on Ebay...and decals too LOL

Personally, I think the 03 has a slightly better transmission input shaft (thicker journal bearing instead of later roller bearing).
Also, 03's never came with factory sunroofs so they are lighter and less trouble as time passes.
Maybe PVO put more effort into the first year 03's than SRT and Chrysler put into the 04's and later?
Of course, it's all just a matter of personal opinions and conjecture on here, no need for arguments ;)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts

haha.
My clutch pedal cover has fallen off!! i was like DAANNGGGG ITTTTT

·
Super Moderator
15,609 Posts
From what I've read so far the 05 can be finicky with adding mods. As the 04 is more accepting.
Plus 04 05 have lsd.
The only difference between the 04' and 05', per many of the old timers, some who worked directly on the car development, was with the battery temp sensor, and really the only way you'll see a problem is if you are using a stage kid for the 05' on an 04', or vice versa (or 03' on an 05' also), it might throw an engine code. If I remember correctly that is an easy fix, you can just install the temperature sensor on the 2005, or you can remove it from the 2004, if you end up using a Mopar stage kit that doesn't match the year.

There are people that swear things like the "3rd gear grind" is worse on the 05', or "the paint is worse on the 04" (well, it IS one year older lol), but for all practical purposes, under that paint, whether the clearcoat be bad or not, they are the same car, same tuning capability, same issues, across the board.

·
Registered
707 Posts
True. My '03 came with an LSD trans and Stage 2. It's a pretty common upgrade for them by this point.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
And E Blue only was avail. in 04

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
fivetoez
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing