Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys had 03 neon srt-4 and looking to possibly pick up an 07 pt turbo convertible.

just wondering if there are any mods and if stage 1 is available.
mopar site justs lists to an 06 model on stage 1

any help would be nice

thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey guys had 03 neon srt-4 and looking to possibly pick up an 07 pt turbo convertible.

just wondering if there are any mods and if stage 1 is available.
mopar site justs lists to an 06 model on stage 1

any help would be nice

thanks
Yes, the Stage 1 is available for the '07, and just about any mod that you can do on a SRT4 engine you can do on the PT Turbo, everything is exactly the same, except the intake manifold, intercooler and pipes, and the exhaust from the O2 housing back. The '06 & up PTs are CAN bus where the '05 and back are SCI buss, but there are very few mods that matter in that department. The front suspension is also identical except for the strut bar for any mods you want to do there.

Check over at ptcrew.com for your Turbo PT performance info.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I don't believe S1 is available for the 07s. I belive the 07s don't come in GTs either anymore. I think the only turbo you can get is the turbo lite from the touring edition. With as much as these things drop in value, you can find an 04/05 for under 10k these days with minimal miles on em (my 04 has only 25k on the odometer) and you can easily get the S1 plus lots of other goodies for em. If you're looking at getting a new one for the warranty...have fun with that + mods lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't believe S1 is available for the 07s. I belive the 07s don't come in GTs either anymore. I think the only turbo you can get is the turbo lite from the touring edition. With as much as these things drop in value, you can find an 04/05 for under 10k these days with minimal miles on em (my 04 has only 25k on the odometer) and you can easily get the S1 plus lots of other goodies for em. If you're looking at getting a new one for the warranty...have fun with that + mods lol
There are no GTs for the '08, '07 was the last year for the GT, Several owners over on PTCrew have Stage 1 on their '07s, I installed one for a friend last November.

He still may be able to get one here, for $450.00. I just bought my Stage 1 Sway bar kit from them last week so they were still selling on line then.
HaynesSpeed Shop :: Chrysler PT Cruiser :: Turbo Upgrades :: PT Cruiser Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade Kit

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Wow...450 bucks these days huh...I remember back in 04 when I bought mine it was only 330 bucks from Hensen Motorsports and THAT was a lot of money to spend on a computer lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you want a little more than S1,,, SCT makes a flash unit that can be used on the PT. I have my PCM completely controlling my car now,, car runs great. Do some searches at PTCrew for more info. As far as I know right now my PT is the only running a SCT tune,, but a friend of mine has it pretty much all figured out.

Tom

·
Registered
12,712 Posts
If you want a little more than S1,,, SCT makes a flash unit that can be used on the PT. I have my PCM completely controlling my car now,, car runs great. Do some searches at PTCrew for more info. As far as I know right now my PT is the only running a SCT tune,, but a friend of mine has it pretty much all figured out.

Tom
Got video of your PT at the track?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow...450 bucks these days huh...I remember back in 04 when I bought mine it was only 330 bucks from Hensen Motorsports and THAT was a lot of money to spend on a computer lol

Yeah, I only paid $350.00 for mine back in late '05, they have gone up a lot, the real drag is if you have an '03, they now charge you for the injectors that you used to get included in the same price as the newer kits that did not need them for another $200.00, so that is $650.00, and I have seen some dealers wanting $800.00 to $900.00 for the kits now so you really need to shop around.

Hey THier anymore info on a group buy for the SCT, has AJ made up a few canned tunes for us that are around stage 1 levels with stock turbos?

I am getting ready to order a LM2 from Innovate so I can do some logging and see what & where needs to be looked at. Then I will be ready for a SCT.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
^^^ Ouch! You can buy stock/S1 injectors here for like 50-75 bucks shipped! I'd never pay 200 bucks for S1 injectors and I hope nobody out there does either! For 800-900 bucks I could make 300whp very easily without the S1 computer lol

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Exhaust shop, Eibachs w/tokikos, mopar BOV if staying stock or HKS SSQ BOV if going with hardpipes. Rims...you're on your own on that one. Too many opinions out there for rim selections so pick what suits you best. Definitely upgrade the tires though, get those shitty goodyears off the car asap

·
Registered
32 Posts
i'm just looking to do ecu exhaust rims springs and bov.

just looking for something to cruise around town in.

can anyone recommend anything from the list above.
The easiest tried & true upgrade will still be the Mopar Stage 1 PCM upgrade, a free flow exhaust, upgraded springs, shocks, & sways if you want better handling, and the most important like mentioned above is TIRES, I got rid of my stock Good for a Years at 1500 miles, they are crap for a turbo front wheel drive car, and worse in the rain!!

I did not see if you have a Auto or a 5 speed, but another good part about the Stage 1 PCM is that it also improves the shifts in the Auto trans as well as adding more boost and power to the engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.