Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First setup of the warm weather is going to be getting ready here shortly ,most are already on or coming in mail now, parts that is. I plan to run this solid setup for a short while until I get all my stuff ported, turbo/tb/spacer/IM/EM/street headwork etc etc.

Stage 0
Kinetics WGA (18psi)
FPR 75psi
255lph Fuel Pump
PTP PCV Check
AGP UHP / Type-S BOV
2.0L Cams/2.4L Gears
3" Catless Cutout
Map Clamp

Want to know, whats best to tune the clamp too without using a dyno, I won't be able to get around to one for a short while. Is there a certai nrange that just works pretty solid for somewhat of a tune on the extra fuel I'll be running out of the FPR mod/255lph pump? I plan to stay at 18psi more than likely, 20 would be highest I'd go for now. This setup is just to start getting ready for full portwork etc, so she'll bust 300whp stock turbo.

Any advice I appreciate! I need to know whether ordering a clamp is worth it or not for me!

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
I wouldnt reccomend tuning by voltage at all. Its a game of guessing of you do that and do you feel like guessing if your going to fuck up your car. 1. put clamp on car. 2. get clamp do say 4.9 volts just so you can tell your within a turn or two of good tune. 3. go to dyno "with sniffer ofcourse" 4 do inital pull ONLY 3000+rpms check your afr's 5. since you have fuel mods 19psi should be no biggie maybe 20psi. Start low like 18 and work your way to 19 20. keep afr's under 12.0. If you want better advice PM vector

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering if I should just invest in a SAFC now anyway...a clamp won't help me much later down the road, I'll need full control in cabin heh...

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I'm with Danny boy in saying that one should never "tune" by voltage, because it's not exactly a tune at all (especially not to Vector's standards :lol: ). When dealing with piggy backs/clamps always tune by AFR and knock on the dyno then verify the tune by street runs. A dyno can not simulate real world conditions. And if you can afford it you might as well go for a piggy back instead of a map clamp. SAFC's can be found cheap and are easily installed and tuned. I hear that the PTP FTM ain't so bad either. :thumbsup: If not a simple map clamp will serve you well. On some cars I have even seen a map clamp to be more effective. :wah?!:

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
4.6v is a safe tune with 18psi and 75psi static pressure.. actually that will be a rich tune.

·
Registered
561 Posts
PTP said 20psi should be safe on stg0 with the 80psi w/o tuning first.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool thanks, sounds like you'll have a setup like me. I planned to run 20psi roughly on average with a 255lph fuel pump + the 75psi FPR mod. I figured it would do rather well un-tuned even. I plan to go 300whp+ before even doing portwork, so I am aiming at getting a wdieband, SAFC/clamp and a FMIC in the near future, hopefully to break 300 or get 290ish or so. Enough to run 12's heh. Then I plan to go full engine work, porting and all, or do the TT setup if it's released. Lemme know how that tuning goes though so I can see if it's worth doing all this crap or just saving and going ported/big turbo overall first.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i hate to jack this thread up but i have a quick question regarding the mapclamp voltage..im getting 4.29 idle but everytime i WOT it goes down to 0.3-0.6volts and underboost like 5psi it will drop down to 3.3X volts..im still running kinda rich and boosting 18-19 psi on 3rd and my afr around 10.8-11.3...did i overclamped it or it needs more clamp?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts