Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello people. im nelson from puerto rico. sorry for my english, its bad. recently I got a used aem plug and play. the person said that one of the injector was not working. i want to know how can i test it or reprogram the ecu. if someone can help I'll be gratefully happy.
:| :| :crying2: :crying2:

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
They probably meant that one of the injector drivers is not working internal to the ecu. The driver is circuitry that controls different things like injectors and coils. You could try contacting AEM direct to see if they can help or find someone local that does that kind of micro-circuitry repair.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
The injector "driver" is a transistor chip that cycles power on and off to the fuel injector. They can often burn out if someone uses an injector with the wrong impedance (electrical resistance to cycling, alternating current-type signals). I can't recall if the AEM requires high or low-z (z = impedance) injectors, but if it needs high impedance fuel injectors that have a high electrical resistance and someone used low-z injectors with low electrical resistance the injector driver's transistor chip would overheat and burn out.

If the computer came with fuel injectors it's also possible one of them is bad. I'd start with that and have them tested and see if they work. If the injectors are good you might see if AEM can service their computer and check if it works before taking the time to install. If they don't offer any repair services you might want to find an electrics technician that can open the case and test if the transistors are good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
blackbird_R/T
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing