Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First let me say taht i just recieved my new 04 Black, and i love it! fast and fun, i just cant stop driving it, anyways i do have a couple questions.
First about stock boost, most i am seeing is 13-14 psi in 4-5 gear, is this correct?
Second, i remember reading something about a sticky throttle, but i cant remember what it was, anyways heres what mine is doing. when i rev the engine(not in gear) to lets say 5000 and let off the throttle it hangs up at 2000 rpm on its way down for about a second, any ideas whats wrong here?
Just wanted to say thanks in advance for any help, and i love this car!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
eurospec1 said:
Hello all,

First let me say taht i just recieved my new 04 Black, and i love it! fast and fun, i just cant stop driving it, anyways i do have a couple questions.
First about stock boost, most i am seeing is 13-14 psi in 4-5 gear, is this correct?
Yes, this is normal. If you want more boost you're going to need to mod it. If this is your first powerful car, especially front wheel drive, then the SRT-4 has too much power for you already. Get some time behind the wheel and get used to a powerful front wheel drive car before worrying about anything, especially *only* getting 14 lbs of boost.

Second, i remember reading something about a sticky throttle, but i cant remember what it was, anyways heres what mine is doing. when i rev the engine(not in gear) to lets say 5000 and let off the throttle it hangs up at 2000 rpm on its way down for about a second, any ideas whats wrong here?
Just wanted to say thanks in advance for any help, and i love this car!

Why the fuck would you do that to your car? That make no damn sense. Stop doing it. I've had no issues with my car, other than a jammed up 6disc changer they're replacing. To be honest i'm not retarded enough to just REV my turbocharged car to 5,000 rpm with it not in gear. Hey its your car though, do what you want.

·
Registered
89 Posts
skipdogg said:
Yes, this is normal. If you want more boost you're going to need to mod it. If this is your first powerful car, especially front wheel drive, then the SRT-4 has too much power for you already. Get some time behind the wheel and get used to a powerful front wheel drive car before worrying about anything, especially *only* getting 14 lbs of boost.

Why the fuck would you do that to your car? That make no damn sense. Stop doing it. I've had no issues with my car, other than a jammed up 6disc changer they're replacing. To be honest i'm not retarded enough to just REV my turbocharged car to 5,000 rpm with it not in gear. Hey its your car though, do what you want.
God you guys are mean sometimes...the dude just got his car...he is excited to hear the BOV and how manly his new machine is....jesus fucking christ...let him have some fun...or at least have some constructive critisism instead of bashing the hell out of him....dont know about the hang up at two grand...break the car in for a while and see if it is just the computer learning or something...I know all of my new cars have been a bit querky for a few hundred miles until the computer gets everything figured out...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yo dude

OK first things first,

Im sorry but revving a car to 5000 after it has been broken in does not hurt anything, and i know this becouse ive owned way to many fast cars to list, at the moment i also own a 77 bmw 320 with a very built 91 s14 m3 engine, if anyone here trolls the beemer boards then you know my car. So if you wanna troll dont try it with me please.

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
skip, relax, spec, your boost level is fine, as far as the hanging, I'm not sure, but take a good look at your vac lines. the cars very sensetive to good solid vac.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah no shit, what the hell was the point of flamming this guy? Hey everybody, if you've revved your car up to 5k in neutral you're a retard!!!!!! Only retards can't figure out how to put the cd in right as to not jam it. Anywho, congrates on your new purchase, and great choice on color. Have fun w/ it!!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
spec, I apologize, I snapped last night. It just gets so frustrating reading the same 5 threads posted 10 times a day. Hows my gas mileage, how's my boost, Is this a problem ect ect ect. The search function will answer 99.9% of all your questions about the SRT-4. I personally don't think its a good idea to rev a brand new, unbroken in engine to 5,000 rpm with it not under load. Thats just me, you have a 7/70 powertrain warranty. I hope you don't have to use it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yo

FranknBeans gotta point. Euro, congrats on the new car man, you couldnt have done better. Dont worry bout what dude said bout revvin it, i do that shit all the time,gotta let ppl know what they bout to go up against. If your new to the forum ill be the first to warn ya, bout 80% of the ppl are major dicks, i mean they will jump down your throat for no other reason other than u like blue and they like silver. So jus be ready if u ever disagree w/ someone. But anyways congrats on ur car, drive it like its hot. Peace

·
Registered
120 Posts
about the revving thing

mine does that too if i am coming to a stop it will hang at about 2000 rpms once the car comes to a stop the rpms come down. this is the second car i have owned that does this so i guess its normal

·
OT Moderator
3,050 Posts
Congrads on your car man! Im getting mine some time around Xmas or new years with my xmas bonus. Oh BTW, dont be offended if people are hard on you here.....especialy if your in war stories :eveilgrin !!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
If I remember correctly the "hanging" around 2000rpm has something to do with emissions... I read about it somewhere but I forget. Either way I know it's normal, both of my "Neons" do it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
883 Posts
i've heard that the momentary RPM hang is normal and not to be worried about

if the TPS goes out then i think the hanging will be much more prevalent and in fact affect the driveability of the car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.