Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2004 Silver Dodge SRT-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

Hopefully in January/February ill be starting my turbo upgrade, but I've got a lot to figure out before then. I went on AGP website for turbos and I found a 'big turbo kit' that seems to have everything I need, but there were so many choices of turbos. Im new to turbo cars, so I was very lost when I saw about 25 options for turbos! Im trying to figure out which turbo would be the best for my car? Its my daily but I want to see a little more power in her! I have the stock stage 2 turbo in right now, engine is in good condition, the fuel system has already been upgraded and I have a 3" exhaust so those I believe are already prepped for a bigger turbo. I want to figure out which turbo I can put on without blowing my motor but also enough power added to make the money and effort I would spend worth it. Im currently holding 16ish pounds of boost, I do have a small boost leak ill need to fix before I upgrade of course. But below is the link with all the turbos, could anyone clear things up for me? Thanks!

· Super Moderator
17,422 Posts
You can't go wrong with AGP, it's a good setup, their "stage 4" kit is really good, it has everything you'd need to add 200 hp to the stock engine. What you are showing there is just the turbo portion itself, with no fuel upgrades, or intercooler. Their stage 4 has all of the items, you will probably pay a little more than some other options but you are getting a rock solid product.

· Registered
15,048 Posts
There was a problem in the past about AGP turbos being... particular... about the brand of oil you run. My plan is to go with the BorgWarner S251. Similar power output as the AGP 50 trim, with less uncertainty. These "small" turbos will get you more power than street tires can handle through the 1st 3 gears (WOT).

If you're something even bigger, you're going to want to consider beefing up the motor too.

· Registered
2004 Silver Dodge SRT-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can't go wrong with AGP, it's a good setup, their "stage 4" kit is really good, it has everything you'd need to add 200 hp to the stock engine. What you are showing there is just the turbo portion itself, with no fuel upgrades, or intercooler. Their stage 4 has all of the items, you will probably pay a little more than some other options but you are getting a rock solid product.
Okay thanks so much, i'll check that out for sure. And that's fine id rather pay a little more and get what it's worth

· Registered
2004 Silver Dodge SRT-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was a problem in the past about AGP turbos being... particular... about the brand of oil you run. My plan is to go with the BorgWarner S251. Similar power output as the AGP 50 trim, with less uncertainty. These "small" turbos will get you more power than street tires can handle through the 1st 3 gears (WOT).

If you're something even bigger, you're going to want to consider beefing up the motor too.
Oh okay good to know. Yeah my engine is in great condition right now but with a bigger turbo that could change. Thanks for the response

· Registered
713 Posts
Another big consideration is fuel. If you want to stay on 93 octane, I second the idea of a little big turbo. .50 is tried an true. Personally, I've been eyeballing the AGP Zeta series for awhile. They claim 400 hp in their smallest offering on pump gas.

· Registered
5,879 Posts
Bah humbug. Keep the stock parts you take off in a box. Just don't chop up any metal.
But it's true what I said and you know it 😏

Too bad the Stage 3 + Toys kit is long discontinued.
Or I would recommend that.
Glad I got mine when I did in 2004 - first in NorCal.
She's got over 125000 miles since on the kit now.
Same original motor (head never removed) and same trans.
No problems at all so far and I've not been gentle.
And nary a tune to fuck with...something not mentioned here until now.
Totally reliable still and can drive her anywhere, any time.

· Registered
5,879 Posts
Parts kept can be put back on if selling is on your mind and it preserves the quality of the part.
Sorry, I misunderstood.
Yes, I kept just about all of the original parts that mattered or weren't shot to hell.
I probably could have kept the OEM wheels and OEM turbofold,
but never regretted that too much.
I didn't mind throwing the original struts, sway bars, catback and a few other
odds and sods in the trash together with several tyres and clutches.
I kept the "shopping basket" wing after I replaced it with and SXT spoiler and it remains on
the top shelf od my closet in pristine condition.
I also kept the rear section of the Mopar catback with the dual outlets but it's too loud for my neighborhood and besides, the grafted on 3" Mgnaflow single tip is surprisingly subdued in comparison and doesn't drone nearly as much when cruising at 85.

· Registered
2004 Silver Dodge SRT-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Agreed, stage 3 was my original goal but I couldn't find a solid kit for it. Im super impressed with the stage 4 kit that was suggested to me though, it has everything I need, as well as new replacements for some of my stock parts that are wearing out, such as my BOV and charge pipes. I also have a knock off intake, so it'll be great to get a good one. The 1200cc injectors and 255 fuel pump will be a nice upgrade and im doing the race intercooler as well.

· Registered
2004 Silver Dodge SRT-4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey so I am going with this kit. Im assuming you or someone you know has used this kit? Do you know how good the tune that comes with the stage 4 kit is? The tune I have on now pops super, super good and i fear im gonna have to give that up once I install this tune. If so, i suppose I can find someone to tweak the tune in the future to keep the injectors open longer and get that pop tune back lol

· Registered
6 Posts

Lots a stage 3 stuff around......including "Turbo Toys" I'm lookin for the spray nozzles that are hard to find

· Registered
5,879 Posts
Lots a stage 3 stuff around......including "Turbo Toys" I'm lookin for the spray nozzles that are hard to find
Well I did say discontinued.

I don't need any stage 3 stuff.
My S3R+Toys kit is still perfect.
Since 2004 and 120k trouble free miles.

MY goal was always to try and .make my car a little bit better than it was stock. And it is. So I stopped modding on 2005.

That's all.

· Registered
639 Posts
You still have the
Well I did say discontinued.

I don't need any stage 3 stuff.
My S3R+Toys kit is still perfect.
Since 2004 and 120k trouble free miles.

MY goal was always to try and .make my car a little bit better than it was stock. And it is. So I stopped modding on 2005.

That's all.
You still have the original pump that came with the kit? Wasn't it a two stage pump?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts