Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone... I am in the market to pick up a srt4. Always had imports (Dsm and Subarus) so I don't know squat about these cars. In 2005 I was choosing between a 05 wrx or srt. Ended up getting a wrx but I always loved the srt. The car I'm interested in currently has the following mods but I was just curious to know what the currently whp may be and what other mods I may need in the future. Car has a agp base map with 10 psi. Also any recommendations for tuners in the much Long Island area?

stage 3 agp borg warner s256 turbo kit
agp external 38mm wastegate
RC750cc injectors
HKS SSQV
3 bar map and tip
DSP
stage3 fuel rail/returnless
3" mpx downpipe catted
3" mpx exhaust
stage 3 act clutch
short air intake

Thanks for everyone's time and hope to learn a lot about these cars!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Duster360 does emailed tunes on here. His name is Dave and his tunes really good. Search his username and you'll find him.

You did not include an aftermarket fuel pump on your setup. My guess is you'll need that at least along with probably a fuel return so you have plenty of fuel for your 750's.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
why only 10psi?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Owner states 10psi because it is daily driven. More power and it's not going to be a good daily. They also have a 600hp Evo.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
stock neon is 15lbs --> owners logic is "to be a good daily driver it should be slower than stock"... fishy

at a minimum turn it up to 20lbs with a tank of 93 and drive it for a while..

wonder if the motor is puffing when the boost is turned up..

make sure to remove the oil fill cap with the motor running and engine hot.. if the motor is healthy you shouldn't see/feel puffing

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stock neon is 15lbs --> owners logic is "to be a good daily driver it should be slower than stock"... fishy

at a minimum turn it up to 20lbs with a tank of 93 and drive it for a while..

wonder if the motor is puffing when the boost is turned up..

make sure to remove the oil fill cap with the motor running and engine hot.. if the motor is healthy you shouldn't see/feel puffing
That is what I was thinking as well.. Why do all that work to run a 10psi base map?

What other things should I check for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok he claims that it was at 25 psi but he lowered it with the dsp because it was to crazy to drive. I asked if he can put it back to 25 and he said he couldn't... Sound fishy?

·
Registered
184 Posts
If he wants top dollar he should supply compression (and if possible leak down) numbers. What's a tester, $20 from Harbor Freight? That could make a thousand dollar difference in the selling price. It's not like these cars are difficult to do compression testing on. That's a whopping 30 minutes tops, less time than to wash the car and take photos. Whenever I sell a vehicle, I supply as much information as possible - and get the vehicle in such a condition where the new owner would not need to worry about maintenance for at least 5,000 miles.

For the record, I drive around on DAB0 (~6psi?) 99.9% of the time because it's daily driven, and DAB1 is more likely to get me a ticket... But here's the deal, if I didn't have that dial for quick access, I'd DD on 20psi tune because flashing would be too much of a PITA. If he wants serious buyers, he should at least give it stock power levels.

I take a compression tester with me when inspecting a vehicle for purchase just in case the owner lets me do a test on the spot. In most cases a test isn't needed unless there's signs of blowby, miss, or erratic idle. If they refuse to let me test under those conditions, they're hiding something - which deserves a lowball offer assuming the motor needs to be refreshed.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
What state? All of that sounds fishy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn I was really wanting the car but my gut said to stay away. I love the blue a lot!!! Oh well I guess I will keep looking...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts