Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Just traded in my '15 R/T Shaker 6MT for an '11 Green with Envy 6MT SRT

First - I tried syncing my phone to bluetooth and was able to get it to work for phone, but never for media. Is there some trick to it? I confirmed on dodge's website I have the latest uconnect version.

Second - I pretty much traded in my shaker because of having rough shifting, having resistance and what feels like hitting walls when trying to get into gear. For 3 years I tried different things: Dodge replaced the trans, I replaced the clutch, changed trans fluid, flushed hydrolics, skip shift eliminator, CDV delete, barton shifter. Seemed to get better but still resistance going into gear. Especially with the barton in, it even hurts my hand when I try to slam into gear and hit a wall I have to push past.

Now that I have the SRT, I'm having a similar experience. I would hate to go through the same experience for another 3 years of jumping between dealerships and trying to chase a seemingly unfixable problem.

Where do I start? Do I just sell it? I know some people have good experience with shifting and others don't.. not gonna try my luck again. Felt fine in the test drive!

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Bummer you are having shifting issues in your LX vehicle. I researched a little bit, I read about some of them not having the correct grease on the input shaft?
There is also other random forums that talk about hard shifting. How many miles are on your 2011 that you "traded" in?

Probably just go with a superior 8 speed automatic that will shift faster then you can shift. Not as fun, but seems like you are having issues with these 6 speed LX cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts