Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In our never ending pursuit of getting you guys what you ask for we can now tint our carbon fiber eyelids, resulting in a solid colored carbon eyelid. This is far cheaper and more economical that the carbon/kevlar eyelids. We are offering them in red, blue, and smoke. The smoke eyelids are trexellium with a black tint.

Free shipping this weekend!!

Tinted Eyelids Link

I'll have pics on a car next week!!

Dominick
Carbon by Design

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Dom do you think you can post a photo of the smoked eyelids please?

Thanks,
Cat

·
Registered
104 Posts
Could you throw a picture of the blue tinted carbon fiber next to an E-blue car? For comparison. If it matched I'm going to have to dump a few hundred on you guys. :eveilgrin

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sylathnie said:
Could you throw a picture of the blue tinted carbon fiber next to an E-blue car? For comparison. If it matched I'm going to have to dump a few hundred on you guys. :eveilgrin

Next time I get a blue car in the shop I'll take a few pics for you, but I don't have any now.

Thanks
Dominick

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mdz04srt said:
probably a dumb Q but does that blue match the color of an eblue even close when actually applied...i too will buy NOW if that matches

To be completely honest with you, we can't guarantee a color match, I'd love to sell you a set, but I want to be completely hones you just can do a color match with out the car present, even with a paint code.

Thanks
Dominck
Carbon by Design

·
Registered
394 Posts
now when you say tint, does that mean the color is mixed with the carbon fiber, or is the color on top of it? I'm asking because when I saw the red eyelids, the first thing that came to mind was a matching custom color hood and eyelid combo, but not one of the colors you have listed on the website...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
phantom lord said:
now when you say tint, does that mean the color is mixed with the carbon fiber, or is the color on top of it? I'm asking because when I saw the red eyelids, the first thing that came to mind was a matching custom color hood and eyelid combo, but not one of the colors you have listed on the website...

Here's the detailed info...

We tint the gel coat on top of the carbon. The color (tint) will never be heavy and opaque it will always be based on the black carbon background. So a red tinted is red tint is on a black carbon background. If you want to color match to a car, your best bet is to get the fiberglass eyelids and have them painted locally to match.

Thanks
Dominick
Carbon by Design

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.