Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5381 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't believe the old thread is done! It was so much easier to discuss Stage 3 issues, questions, comments, and concerns. Let's get this one going to continue on. Oh yeah, I will be checking this thread every day Castrol :ami: . . . so yeah . . . sticky it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was PTP going to start doing porting and possible clipping of S3 turbos? I heard some rumors about it awhile ago. It was right after the whole thing with the deleted thread about this dude who supposedly got insane hp out of S3 and had the list of everything he did on that thread. He mentioned who did it and it got deleted because the dude wan't a vendor. I'm not exactly sure how the whole deal went down. But anyways, someone said that a vendor was going to start doing a similar mod to what was done on that thread. There were rumblings of PTP, but that was the last I heard.

·
Registered
647 Posts
so like what kind of hp are we talking? Would it do anything for nontoys people?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Mike I have the info you need man!! I decided to buy a Hahn s20g because it was a bit easier on the pockets then spending another 3 grand plus on the stage 3 w/t again but I am still going to send my Hahn turbo to the place you seek for a few upgrades!! If you like hit me up on PM and I will send you some info..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
I have a weird idea. Why dont we make a topic like this:

- Stage 3 Feedback (strictly feedback)
- Stage 3 issues (install questions, after S3 issues etc.)

Just a thought, because when I purchased Sierra Three, I literaly read all 240 plus pages to answer 4 install questions. So maybe if we break them down, it'll be easier on the soon be S3 owners. Let me know, I can start the S3 issues.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
i think we're past the feedback point. that was when s3 first came out and they were interested in our initial impressions. that thread generally turned into a info/tech/troubleshooting thread eventually, which was much more informative.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
I think it would be more organized. Instead of a noobie asking in here about install questions, he or she can go the S3 install topic and ask there. Just a thought.

·
"Made" Member
75,379 Posts
Toofpaste39 said:
I think it would be more organized. Instead of a noobie asking in here about install questions, he or she can go the S3 install topic and ask there. Just a thought.

People don't care. They'll ask install questions in the feedback threads. They'll
give information for troubleshooting in the install threads... it never matters.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I liked it the way it was. I think this is good. Too many threads = too many posts in wrong areas. I will hit you up for the info soon Lord Helmet!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone dynoed ported, cermaic, and cryoed S3? Also, what kind of gains have you guys seen with the DCR mod? It seems like everyone I have talked to about it did it before they ever installed S3. It sucks because I have never heard any kind of feedback (they just say it is awesome because they never had S3 previously).

·
Registered
434 Posts
Toofpaste39 said:
So can I make a S3 install question thread and a S3 troubleshooting thread?
i wouldnt mind that thread at all... i bought my stage 3 used and dont have any guide for what i need to do.... :readclose im totally in the dark and cant find a how to on the install of the thing.... can anyone help me out???

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Mike_Blue_RT said:
Anyone dynoed ported, cermaic, and cryoed S3? Also, what kind of gains have you guys seen with the DCR mod? It seems like everyone I have talked to about it did it before they ever installed S3. It sucks because I have never heard any kind of feedback (they just say it is awesome because they never had S3 previously).
I have all that, but I haven't been to the dyno with it yet. I had all this done before I intalled the stage 3 so I can't compare a stock stage 3 to my stage 3 setup. I will try to get the dyno soon just to see what she puts down. I don't have the money for the dyno pulls right now though.
On a side note: HOM kicks a**!:thumbsup: :eveilgrin

·
Registered
774 Posts
I am thinking and pretty much what I have heard is that the stage 3 dcr mod is pointless. Not one person has posted improved track times or dyno numbers from this mod, and it has been around for a while.

Bryant

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
WHen I get my S3 I'll be doing what PCT01 has done.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
bryant said:
I am thinking and pretty much what I have heard is that the stage 3 dcr mod is pointless. Not one person has posted improved track times or dyno numbers from this mod, and it has been around for a while.

Bryant
I have had many customers send in there used Stg3's and they were VERY happy with the results. Look up "Thesleeper" as he is one of the very first ones we did and he had nothing but good things to say about it. We still average ATLEAST one stage 3 a week at the shop (sometimes alot more) THere are some dyno numbers out but they were done on 2 completely differnet dynos.. He is still very pleased with the mod. Pointless? Go race a DCRS3R car :eveilgrin

1 - 20 of 5381 Posts