Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 2004 e. blue SRT-4 and live in San Antonio. Being that this is my first turbo car and have limited access to garage/tools (live in Lackland dorms). I was wondering where you guys in the S.A. area get all your auto work done (i.e tuning, mods, etc) and if you can point me in the right direction when I begin to start modding my car. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I do all the simple mods myself , like intake , exhaust , springs , and stuff , but as far as the hard stuff like anything to do with the transmission , or intank fuel pump , I go here http://www.reeseautocenter.com/ I have alot of tools and jack stands and everything if you ever need to do something simple , just give me an e-mail when your ready , and I can help you out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah with my tools here I can't do much, probably an intake, tailights, and other things that don't take a lot of time. Don't know what I plan to do first as far as upgrades, probably just do some visual upgrades (tailights, tint, etc) until i get the engine broken in.

·
Registered
926 Posts
fisherhouse said:
yeah with my tools here I can't do much, probably an intake, tailights, and other things that don't take a lot of time. Don't know what I plan to do first as far as upgrades, probably just do some visual upgrades (tailights, tint, etc) until i get the engine broken in.
hey welcome to another SA guy.

There is a group of us getting together on Sept 18. Check the Sticky above at the top of the Texas Forum.

Mike V.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i'd like to go out there with u guys, but i work until 2:30pm, so by the time i got out there it'd be over with

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fisherhouse said:
yeah i'd like to go out there with u guys, but i work until 2:30pm, so by the time i got out there it'd be over with
scratch that......i have to be at work by 3pm, so maybe i can come out

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.
You should come out to the track On the 8th. (Steven, R U goin?)

·
Registered
11,017 Posts
fisherhouse said:
Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 2004 e. blue SRT-4 and live in San Antonio. Being that this is my first turbo car and have limited access to garage/tools (live in Lackland dorms). I was wondering where you guys in the S.A. area get all your auto work done (i.e tuning, mods, etc) and if you can point me in the right direction when I begin to start modding my car. Thanks.
BDJ exhaust - opens your whole system right up. CAI, BOV, Hardpipe, WGA, Stage 1.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SpoolnSRT420 said:
Probably won't be able to make it on the 8th (out of town), won't get back until around 11pm or so that night.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
extremecoto said:
BDJ exhaust - opens your whole system right up. CAI, BOV, Hardpipe, WGA, Stage 1.
yeah i plan to make stage 1 my first mod. just need t0 find a place to purchase/install it. and definitly a WGA i've heard great things about it as long as you have it set up the right way <---probably gonna need some help on that one

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can go to North Star Dodge... on san pedro.. ask for len mcdonald...does good work..

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
SpoolnSRT420 said:
I will be there , what track do you guys go to ? I need to see how fast this car is before I put the stage 2 with toys on , if it ever come in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey man, im stationed on lackland too-use to volunteer at the fisher house. Anyways, havent seen your car around base yet, what color??? Why can't you go use the Hobby shop??? They have everything you need there man.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kball said:
Hey man, im stationed on lackland too-use to volunteer at the fisher house. Anyways, havent seen your car around base yet, what color??? Why can't you go use the Hobby shop??? They have everything you need there man.
i live up on security hill and don't go to main base that much, but it's electric blue, i go to the hobby shop to do oil changes and stuff, but i'm not to educated on turboed cars and i don't want to go and mess something up (1st turbo car) last vehicle was a 95 dodge dakota. basic mods i can handle like intake, STS, etc. but when it comes to BOV, WGA, FMIC, etc i have no experience. i could probably learn over time, but would rather have someone who knows what they're doing to help out

·
Registered
11,017 Posts
fisherhouse said:
i live up on security hill and don't go to main base that much, but it's electric blue, i go to the hobby shop to do oil changes and stuff, but i'm not to educated on turboed cars and i don't want to go and mess something up (1st turbo car) last vehicle was a 95 dodge dakota. basic mods i can handle like intake, STS, etc. but when it comes to BOV, WGA, FMIC, etc i have no experience. i could probably learn over time, but would rather have someone who knows what they're doing to help out
understanable.. no shame in that. just shows that you want to learn. :hi:

·
Registered
926 Posts
fisherhouse said:
scratch that......i have to be at work by 3pm, so maybe i can come out
Cool, Post on the sticky thread if you are gonna make it, I'm gonns send out information soon.

Mike V.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Security Hill huh? Lol-thats where i'm at too man. Bldg. 2009, work at CPSG. Maybe ill see ya around-laters

·
Registered
147 Posts
2.4TURBOMAN said:
I will be there , what track do you guys go to ? I need to see how fast this car is before I put the stage 2 with toys on , if it ever come in.

We go out to San Antonio Raceway off I-10. Its exit 596 coming from SA.
Hope we can get some SRT's out there

·
Registered
147 Posts
My best friend has just S2 w/ toys, and with the mods I've got, we run side by side.
The race gas switch is all pull in 3rd

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kball said:
Security Hill huh? Lol-thats where i'm at too man. Bldg. 2009, work at CPSG. Maybe ill see ya around-laters
yeah i'm in 2009 too, i work in AIA. i know a few people in CPSG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts