Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a Repost? If so, I'm sorry.

Found this on ATP Turbo Website. They have staged upgrades with dyno numbers.

Imagine this guys: 290wtq with only a 3" DP, 3" Test Pipe and 14psi!!!! How many of you guys with turbo Hondas can claim 290wtq? I'm not hatin'. I'm just in shock.

Stock:

Stage 1 includes 3" Stainless Downpipe, 3" Catalytic Converter, Boost Controller at 13 PSI

Stage 2 includes 3" Stainless Downpipe, 3" Test Pipe, Boost Controller at 14 PSI

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Kill the CAT, put a piece of pipe there= TEST PIPE

EDIT: "Where is my hello, and welcome to last week picture? " :twisted:

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
I have to look to check if there is a O2 sensor located on the CAT unit.

I had to replace my last racing CAT on the Swift to pass SMOG. With turbo units with high-boost, it is common to burn out the CAT units. It had a 3-inch racing CAT and works great.

Ryna, where is the website for the stage packages?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think the stock dyno was ran with little miles on it and not broken in. I'm going for the for the stage 1, I'll make a test pipe for cheaper than that.
What is up with those boost numbers, A boost controller or those were the booster numbers at the time of the run. Garret did write Boost controller. I don't know CRAP about Boost controllers. I wonder if we'll get the same numbers on the run.

Exhaust Depot is not to be forgotten, if we could get his to sell us his full 3" Turbo back system, I'd buy it, he's a forums member.

-James

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Acidryno said:
I think the stock dyno was ran with little miles on it and not broken in. I'm going for the for the stage 1, I'll make a test pipe for cheaper than that.
What is up with those boost numbers, A boost controller or those were the booster numbers at the time of the run. Garret did write Boost controller. I don't know CRAP about Boost controllers. I wonder if we'll get the same numbers on the run.

Exhaust Depot is not to be forgotten, if we could get his to sell us his full 3" Turbo back system, I'd buy it, he's a forums member.

-James
I have to agree with the last remark on purchasing. However, I am interested in the beta staGE iii SETUP. Ryan, are you the test vehicle for this package?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
The politicaly right way of saying test pipe is off road pipe. :)

The stock cat has a 02 bung in the center of it. My highflow 3" cat that I used in my setup has a bung in it also. works great.

If you replace your cat, you WILL get a check engine light. There are ways that you can get around it. I do it for the WRX. I have to set it up for our car and see.

I will be dynoing my car again. I should be getting better numbers now that im at 3600 and I no longer have my wastegate shimmed.

If you r

·
Registered
109 Posts
I liked the stage III quarter mile numbers: 13.4 @ 101. Hello Mr. Evo.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Because I'm sitting here board at work and found the gear ratio's out i was looking at the chart for the dyno's for stage 2 it might be better to switch from the 4th gear to 5th gear as early as 5400 because it has such a high peak down at 3k.

This is how I came to the conclusion its not very scientific so take it for what its worth. But peak torque is 290*0.76(5th gear) = 220 /0.95 (4th gear) = 232 trq which would be what you don't want to go below because it would be faster in the other gear which comes to about 5400 on that graph.

If anyone wants to double check that and let me know its to late to be doing this let me know.

again this is only for stage 2 each graph and gear would be different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
Second Chance
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing