Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you have probably already heard about the new ACT clutch for the SRT-4. For those who don't know about the clutch, here's the skinny:

For all of you car guys that had performed clutch swaps on vehicles before the SRT, this will make a lot of sense to you. This clutch and flywheel assembly has been designed from the ground up by ACT to eliminate the flexplate and modular clutch assembly in our cars. It starts out life with a billet flywheel with ring gear that mounts up directly to the crank so you throw away the rinky dink flex plate. We've then chosen a sprung six puck disc and sandwich'd it between the flywheel and a high performance pressure plate. I know what you're thinking, 6 puck and street car shouldn't be in the same sentence. I would have to admit that this is probably not the clutch for EVERYONE, but there are those wanting to step it up a little and have something that will hold all the power you intend to throw at it.

Clutch is very under-rated at a 605 ft/lbs torque capacity. (ACT has always under-rated their clutch assemblies.)
Entire flywheel, disc, and pressure plate weighs in just under 25lbs. (Stock modular assembly is 32lbs)

This kit comes with:
FLywheel
6 puck sprung hub disk
Pressure plate
Alignment Tool
Release Bearing

This is the most amazing clutch assembly and it's here, in stock, ready to ship today. For the next week we'll be offering this kit for $630 with FREE SHIPPING! Click here to purchase now.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We don't sell Clutch Masters, you probably got one from someone else. I can guarantee you that this is by far the best kit available for the SRT4.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Nice looks good glad to see some companies finally doing this...Dodge had it right with the 1995 Neons...it had this same clutch design :).

Mike

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wow that is an awesome price for that. I think you guys need to get something like rage-tek.com has. It is roughly HALF the weight of yours from what I understand but is almost $1400. I love AGP and wish I could buy everything from you guys.

Rage Twin-Disc Clutch #16145
16.25lbs with flywheel. Will support 600 FT/lbs of torque. Lightens rotating mass. This is the strongest clutch on the market.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
does it come with a new input shaft too? lol.

It be great if ACT sold a street version. Not as loud, and not as aggressive.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
goldfingerfif said:
Wow that is an awesome price for that. I think you guys need to get something like rage-tek.com has. It is roughly HALF the weight of yours from what I understand but is almost $1400. I love AGP and wish I could buy everything from you guys.

Rage Twin-Disc Clutch #16145
16.25lbs with flywheel. Will support 600 FT/lbs of torque. Lightens rotating mass. This is the strongest clutch on the market.

take the 700 and put it someplace to make up the power differance

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
How much is it going to be when the price goes up?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Damn, I wish I hadn't of bought this Clutch Master's Stage 4. Anybody want to buy a brand new clutch still in the box :lol:? Tim hold up a few days before you install my clutch........I might.....well we will talk first.

·
Registered
145 Posts
MikeD said:
How much is it going to be when the price goes up?
bump for this answer

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
RUSH said:
Damn, I wish I hadn't of bought this Clutch Master's Stage 4. Anybody want to buy a brand new clutch still in the box :lol:? Tim hold up a few days before you install my clutch........I might.....well we will talk first.
How much u want for it? lol...

PM me...

Alex

1 - 20 of 62 Posts