Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2004 NSRT4, hx35, 750cc injectors, 255 walbro, ARP headstuds, felpro head gasket, act 6 puck&flywhee
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a new AGP Screw in IAT, welded the nut on, put the pipe back on and now my car won’t start, my iat code went away so i assume i did that right but i am at a loss of why it won’t start now. it started and drove just fine before i took the up pipe off. the car cranks over but nothing else it’s like it’s not getting spark but i didn’t go near anything to do with the spark

The car only has one code P1187 “Variant Selection”

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
i got a new AGP Screw in IAT, welded the nut on, put the pipe back on and now my car won’t start, my iat code went away so i assume i did that right but i am at a loss of why it won’t start now. it started and drove just fine before i took the up pipe off. the car cranks over but nothing else it’s like it’s not getting spark but i didn’t go near anything to do with the spark

The car only has one code P1187 “Variant Selection”
have you verified a no spark situation?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 NSRT4, hx35, 750cc injectors, 255 walbro, ARP headstuds, felpro head gasket, act 6 puck&flywhee
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you verified a no spark situation?

i haven’t yet, i have damnfastdd.com coil on plug system though so i’m thinking it might be something to do with that. i’m going home tonight i think, i will check it out. Any other recommendations on where to start?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
i haven’t yet, i have damnfastdd.com coil on plug system though so i’m thinking it might be something to do with that. i’m going home tonight i think, i will check it out. Any other recommendations on where to start?
Wait.....you snuck a P1187 in there on me. lol.

That code means theres a problem between the map and tip signals, they dont say the same thing when sampled and should. It's generally for big turbo cars when you change the sensors out and dont have a rescale tune yet, or if one of those two arent playing nice anymore. But can happen to any of them

Time to troubleshoot these possibilities
Bad MAP sensor
Bad TIP sensor
Wiring between the MAP or TIP and the PCM
Clogged TIP solenoid
Clogged, leaking, or otherwise damaged TIP vacuum lines. <-- I would start here. Check the red line from the cold side intercooler pipe to the TIP Solenoid and the white (yellowish) line from the solenoid to the TIP.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait.....you snuck a P1187 in there on me. lol.

That code means theres a problem between the map and tip signals, they dont say the same thing when sampled and should. It's generally for big turbo cars when you change the sensors out and dont have a rescale tune yet, or if one of those two arent playing nice anymore. But can happen to any of them

Time to troubleshoot these possibilities
Bad MAP sensor
Bad TIP sensor
Wiring between the MAP or TIP and the PCM
Clogged TIP solenoid
Clogged, leaking, or otherwise damaged TIP vacuum lines. <-- I would start here. Check the red line from the cold side intercooler pipe to the TIP Solenoid and the white (yellowish) line from the solenoid to the TIP.
Okay,i will check it out tonight aswell, i’m in the middle of returning my car for 91 Fuel because 94 isn’t available where i live anymore and i thought that might’ve been the problem but i put the old tune on and it still didn’t start. but i’ll check the map and tip tonight, will that cause my car to not start?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Okay,i will check it out tonight aswell, i’m in the middle of returning my car for 91 Fuel because 94 isn’t available where i live anymore and i thought that might’ve been the problem but i put the old tune on and it still didn’t start. but i’ll check the map and tip tonight, will that cause my car to not start?
yes, from what ive read P1187 will keep the car from starting/running.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

okay, i will check it all out when i get home. i thought maybe i could’ve flooded it when i was cycling my key when i put my new tune on but i don’t think that could be it. it’s been sitting for a day or two now so hopefully it dried out

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

okay i checked the wiring to the map, it’s getting power. checked wiring to the tip, it’s getting power. tried a different map sensor because apparently i didn’t have a 3 bar in( i do now) and now i’m getting no engine light and still no start.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay, i will check it all out when i get home. i thought maybe i could’ve flooded it when i was cycling my key when i put my new tune on but i don’t think that could be it. it’s been sitting for a day or two now so hopefully it dried out
i also just re did all my vac lines and the only stock one left is the yellow one and it’s connected to the tip

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

just checked for spark and 2/4 are getting it so far so i’m lost as to why it won’t start

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
now it has a “U110C Unknown” Code
ok, lets step back. U100 codes are usually communication codes, and they are specific to the car. Ill pull my diag manual out and reply separately.

what code reader are you using?

Can you verify what signals the ecu is seeing from the map and tip?

Why are your soleniods disconnected? the PCM uses them to sample the sensors..

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
ok, lets step back. U100 codes are usually communication codes, and they are specific to the car. Ill pull my diag manual out and reply separately.

what code reader are you using?

Can you verify what signals the ecu is seeing from the map and tip?

Why are your soleniods disconnected? the PCM uses them to sample the sensors..

U110C means that the PCM hasnt received the fuel level data from the instrument cluster.

the first thing to do is to clear the dtc. lol. and see if it comes back.

do you have a fuel level reading on the cluster?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2 and 4 are on the same tower.. check 1 and 3.

okay, i read old forums about the U110C and couple people said ground wires so i’m going to make sure to check those. And my bad, i checked spark in the two plugs closest to the battery, i’m not sure which number they are. they both had good spark. and yes i have a fuel gauge it says half a tank and that should be right

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
okay, i read old forums about the U110C and couple people said ground wires so i’m going to make sure to check those. And my bad, i checked spark in the two plugs closest to the battery, i’m not sure which number they are. they both had good spark. and yes i have a fuel gauge it says half a tank and that should be right
clear the codes and try to start it again.. see what happens. yes, check the grounds. make sure you didnt break it when working on the pipe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
clear the codes and try to start it again.. see what happens. yes, check the grounds. make sure you didnt break it when working on the pipe.

that’s what i’m hoping happened, i get off work in 3 hours so if i get anywhere i will be sure to update you!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

alright, i tried checking the codes again, no codes. i checked all the grounds, they’re all connected properly and everything. still nothing, i’m still very lost

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.