Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These rotors are somewhat new to the market since Rotora Simply refused to do a crossdrilled/slotted combo before because of the odd numbered vein structure of the SRT oem rotors. Well low and behold with enough subtle encouragement they have come through for us in a short period of time. These new rotors are made of the utmost hioghest quality as all other Rotora brake systems which have dominated the market esspecially in the drifting era which demands the best braking products money can buy while not going broke since all drifters are simply pennyless.

http://216.105.48.137/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=819

·
Registered
361 Posts
Do they have a full brake uprgrade not just front rotors availible??

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes they do its a complete big brake upgrade that fits stock wheels as well with a 4 piston caliper and brake lines as well as a oversized disc.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
is that 280 for the front with the calipers included? or just the rotors?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Full 13"??? front

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
importpalace said:
These rotors are somewhat new to the market since Rotora Simply refused to do a crossdrilled/slotted combo before because of the odd numbered vein structure of the SRT oem rotors. Well low and behold with enough subtle encouragement they have come through for us in a short period of time. These new rotors are made of the utmost hioghest quality as all other Rotora brake systems which have dominated the market esspecially in the drifting era which demands the best braking products money can buy while not going broke since all drifters are simply pennyless.

http://216.105.48.137/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=819
How much do each of the replacement front rotors weigh?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2004NeonSRT4 said:
is that 280 for the front with the calipers included? or just the rotors?
these are simply rotors only no calipers calipers only come with the Rotora Big Brake Kit for 1795.00 with ne 330X30mm rotors and 4 piston calipers and ss brake lines

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clint Burleigh said:
it says on the bottom it is just for the front two rotors. I was sort of confused too.
clicl on the drop down menu it lets you choose between front / rears or fronts and rears and automatically adjusts the price for you guys.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
importpalace said:
the entire front and rear assembly weighs 55 lbs total the front will weight around 15lbs each
Do you have an exact weight on the front rotors? 15 lbs sound a little heavy to me..

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how much do you think a 13" chunk of metal weighs...? its not like its made of cotton the stock disc weighs a bunch. brakes are not a weigh reducing upgrade unfortunately. when i get a chance to get by a scale ill weigh it for you. but thats wont be for a while gotta start putting up storm shutters again

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
importpalace said:
how much do you think a 13" chunk of metal weighs...? its not like its made of cotton the stock disc weighs a bunch. brakes are not a weigh reducing upgrade unfortunately. when i get a chance to get by a scale ill weigh it for you. but thats wont be for a while gotta start putting up storm shutters again
I know the stock rotors weigh in at 16.5 lbs. a chunk of metal is a pretty relative term, your rotors have an aluminum center section that is considerably lighter that a complete standard rotor, I would guess its lighter than 15 lbs, you are not sure either that why I asked for them to be weighed. No need to get defensive. these rotors appear to offer no performance benefit over stock other than visual enhancement and rust prevention, so I would hope they are lighter to get some benifit from them.

Just my two cents...

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
yet another mod to add to the list....just waiting for work term :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts