Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had many requests to develop and put out a new rear diffuser. Most people want it nice and clean looking unlike a few out there that are pretty big and too showy.

I have designed one that will not need any rear bumper modifications except for rolling it up, like many people do already. I am currently mocking up two models, maybe three…. One can be used with duel exhaust. I’m trying to get it to work with the stock exhaust but I may not be able to do it, but it should be able to work with the Borla. Second model is for single tip exhaust. Third is for No Rear exhaust.

Now for the design. It is a 4 to 5 blade design that is made out of light gauge aluminum and will have either metal or upgraded carbon fiber blades.

This is just a feeler to get some input before I get too far into the development of these pieces. I would like as much input and feedback as I can get. Please feel free to ask anything as I want to put out the best design that I can that will make the majority happy.

This piece will be finished in a Satin Black Powder coating, and should look as stock as I can make it look ;)

I will be posting pictures as soon as I have my first proto-type finished. I am shooting to have this done and a few for sale at the Nationals, but it may take longer depending on the time I have to work on it and any problems that might arise.

-Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,008 Posts
pics!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
twelveday said:
Like I said I'm looking for a little input before I finish my first one, but my first proto-type should be done this next week....

What do you want in a defuser?

This is a picture one person used as an example of what people would more like to see made ....

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,008 Posts
link dont work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,008 Posts
well, id like one thats not big and chunky like the cbd one, you know how the fins on the cbd one are all rounded and weird, it looks kinda ugly. a diffuser lik ethe ones on the sti are pretty nice
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
craigm said:
Would love something along these lines...

Thanks for letting me know it wasn't working, because it was on my computer;) It should work now............

I am shooting for something along the lines of the Red car to the right in the second row:thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
craigm said:
Actually I dig that one on the white car. It's subtle and the curves work well with the round lines of the SRT-4. What kind of price point are you thinking?
I'm shooting for $150-$200, I am trying to make my products as simple and as afordable as posible.....

If I do the one with Carbon Fiber fins it will be about $100 more than the Aluminum finned one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,571 Posts
Build it & we will buy. I really like the pics posted above. Keep it up guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
If you are able have it come as far forward as possible to ensure a smooth transition of air. Maybe come up with a two piece option that covers the entire undercarriage for racing. I have been thinking of something like this for a while. I love the pic of the white srt but maybe five fins instead of three. Also come up with a bad ass spliter for the front to make a complete kit. Snyder motorsports srt has the best looking functional spliter. Just some ideas. Good luck:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,715 Posts
I have been thinking of smoothing the underside of my car if even with a thin plastic sheet, just something to keep the air out of the areas that can trap it.

Hope this diffuser goes well, I would love to see a good looking one for our cars!:thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lazarusresurrexit said:
If you are able have it come as far forward as possible to ensure a smooth transition of air. Maybe come up with a two piece option that covers the entire undercarriage for racing. I have been thinking of something like this for a while. I love the pic of the white srt but maybe five fins instead of three. Also come up with a bad ass spliter for the front to make a complete kit. Snyder motorsports srt has the best looking functional spliter. Just some ideas. Good luck:thumbsup:
The one I am going to do will go up to the suspension crossmember..... I will make sure that it helps smooth out all the pockets in the rear as much as I can ;)

The one I am doing will come in several pieces and need to be assembled on the car, so I can make it as custom fit as posible....

I don't think I saw the splitter in Ricks car.... Can you email me a picture?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
daytonagts said:
-ND4SPD- said:
Build it & we will buy. I really like the pics posted above. Keep it up guys.
It will happen, I just need to know how you want it done and I'll start from there ;)

Any more Pictures? Can you email me those picture in a higher rez? [email protected]

Thanks
I would definitely buy this if it had the capability to fit with a single exhaust.




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,277 Posts
Hey Ron, Wheat head up there :yeahthumb gets my vote. Definately a single tip design is what I will go for. Then I can make my dreams come true. :warp: Without having to make a bumper filler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,880 Posts
This is gonna be tricky to do so that it accomodates everyones preferences.
Some people are gonna want it for side exit.
Some will want single tip.
Some dual tip.
I'd like it for both single tip and dual tip.
I know, I'm probably asking for the impossible.
Or am I...
If you made it in sections, with a little sub-frame, perhaps that could allow you to accomodate everyones preferences?
Just a thought...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Simon.Starkie said:
This is gonna be tricky to do so that it accomodates everyones preferences.
Some people are gonna want it for side exit.
Some will want single tip.
Some dual tip.
I'd like it for both single tip and dual tip.
I know, I'm probably asking for the impossible.
Or am I...
If you made it in sections, with a little sub-frame, perhaps that could allow you to accomodate everyones preferences?
Just a thought...
It is going to be made into section ;) That is how I will offer it for the Duel, single and no exhaust.....

This is a pretty big goal but It will be very nice once I have it done, I've already started Mocking it up in cardboard ( since it is much cheaper to screw up than aluminum ;) ) and it looks like the center piece will be the same on all of them. I don't know if I'll be able to offer it to the Stock exhaust guys though, because of how far down it hangs where it splits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,880 Posts
daytonagts said:
Simon.Starkie said:
This is gonna be tricky to do so that it accomodates everyones preferences.
Some people are gonna want it for side exit.
Some will want single tip.
Some dual tip.
I'd like it for both single tip and dual tip.
I know, I'm probably asking for the impossible.
Or am I...
If you made it in sections, with a little sub-frame, perhaps that could allow you to accomodate everyones preferences?
Just a thought...
It is going to be made into section ;) That is how I will offer it for the Duel, single and no exhaust.....

This is a pretty big goal but It will be very nice once I have it done, I've already started Mocking it up in cardboard ( since it is much cheaper to screw up than aluminum ;) ) and it looks like the center piece will be the same on all of them. I don't know if I'll be able to offer it to the Stock exhaust guys though, because of how far down it hangs where it splits.
Attaboy :thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 151 Posts
Top