Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

We just launched our new website, please take a moment to go visit it and let me know what you guys think! I hope you all enjoy it; we made several improvements over the last one based on what we've been hearing from everyone. With that said, we would really like to hear your feedback regarding the new layout!

To celebrate our new site and your continued support, I'll be announcing a forum promotional code within the next few weeks for all of you to use during checkout to receive a discount. Stay tuned for that and please let me know if you have any questions ;)

It includes the following new & improved features -

Thanks,

- [email protected]

CHECK IT OUT HERE!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I got bored one day and did some research on these plugs. Rather interesting, however I've seen videos where it shows the flame front moving ~2x faster than a traditional plug. I have no idea in what conditions video was recorded, whether it was in a standard atmosphere chamber, pressurized chamber, or a high speed video inside a cylinder, what fuel was used, the ratio - there was literally no information about it.

My question is, if the flame front moves much quicker than a flame front triggered by a traditional plug, isn't that basically advancing your timing?

Here's the video in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cukk61bziw

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got bored one day and did some research on these plugs. Rather interesting, however I've seen videos where it shows the flame front moving ~2x faster than a traditional plug. I have no idea in what conditions video was recorded, whether it was in a standard atmosphere chamber, pressurized chamber, or a high speed video inside a cylinder, what fuel was used, the ratio - there was literally no information about it.

My question is, if the flame front moves much quicker than a flame front triggered by a traditional plug, isn't that basically advancing your timing?

Here's the video in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cukk61bziw
These links have the information you're looking for :)

A quartz engine cylinder was implemented to video the combustion process in dynamic engine operation. The transparent engine, developed by AVL, allows for visual dynamic analysis of a spark ignited engine in operation.

In regards to your question, timing is advanced slightly but your ECU will automatically calibrate for this. If you're already tuned, it might be worth revisiting your MAP. But all-in-all, our plugs are safe for any sort of application!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts