Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mike4089 said:
anyone running with a new crank pully?? unorthodox makes one...any good gains with it is it worth the hundred bucks or so...input would be really helpful...thank you
i have one on my neon. unorthodox one too. revs a little faster, and pulls a little harder up top. its one of those "the more mods you have, the more you feel it" mod.

it was worth it in my book :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
there seems to be mixed reviews. mostly either did nothing" or what was said above. I was going to order one next week...but now I think I'm saving up a bit for the unorthodox one instead.

C

·
Registered
282 Posts
SRT-4 Neon said:
there seems to be mixed reviews. mostly either did nothing" or what was said above. I was going to order one next week...but now I think I'm saving up a bit for the unorthodox one instead.

C
i havent seen many with them on srt4's. but i know the neon crowd loves them.

the unorthodox is good too because of teh 2 piece design.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yes it will work. Anytime you can reduce parasitic loss or engine load you will make power. Most peoples opinions will be its not worth the price if you cant feel an increase. This has been discussed many times before and it ranks up there with such controversial items such as the CAI. Bottom line is if you have the money to spend, do it.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
i had planned on spending about $800 at one of the vendors, was going to incude one as part of the purchase...now that the buy is off I think I'm going to try the AFX one from Howell..

C

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Doughnouser had it in his srt and his balance shafts went or something like that. TOok it a couple of times to the dealer and he had issues still.

alterego installed it in his car and the belts squeel now. Not sure if its worth the 5hp or what ever it gives you? Belt was a nightmare to find too. DOugh nouser had to special order the belt. The only place he was able to get it from was something quest. Forgot the chain name.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
I owned an S10 before...Two years ago, on their forums, there was a tread about pullies...The jist of it was that you need a steel pully for engine to be balanced right...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have the AFX pulley, no problems.

It was a pretty hard install just because of the whole slip fit design.

The belt was hard as crap to find too, I had to order it from a parts store. I forget what size just sitting here at the computer but it was a goodyear gatorback and I had to call about 10 parts stores just to find somebody who could order it for me.

I have had no belt squeeling or any other problems in the 2000 miles I've had it on.

No gains I could feel, but like was already stated its a "more you add" mod. 5hp isnt much but if you get 3 or 4 5hp mods it starts to actually do something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts