Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have release new updates for the U7134 Predator and for trinity DCX_GAS applications.

Tunes were updated to address several outstanding issues:

* Default tune name change to Diablo Tune.
* Rev limit issue on certain cals fixed.
* Boost adjustment issue on certain cals fixed.
* Speed limit adjustment in parameters fixed.
* Cooling fan adjustment in parameters fixed for some stage cals.

We also removed that annoying 'reset' at the end of the flash.

I'm still dying to get a car in here that exhibits the 'halt monitoring' issue, once I do, we'll update Trinity again ;)

Thanks

·
Fresh Meat Moderator
16,395 Posts
We have release new updates for the U7134 Predator and for trinity DCX_GAS applications.

I'm still dying to get a car in here that exhibits the 'halt monitoring' issue, once I do, we'll update Trinity again ;)

Thanks
Awesome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
No offense to anyone, but i always assumed people who had macs bought them because they were 'Mac guys'....seems to be less of that and more 'I'm buying a Mac because its cool' these days.

Not so cool once people find out that the world runs on Windows :)
I don't want to drag the thread off topic, but that statement is far from true. Just look at the internet, roughly 90% is ran by unix style os's such as unix, linux, bsd and several other *nix flavors. Windows dominates the home and business pc market but not the server market which provides all the content and services that you get on your "windows". The worlds economy also runs on the same non-windows platform i.e. The stock markets.

I can't speak for everyone who owns a mac, but I can honestly say that it has slowly become the only computer I use on a daily basis. There are several reasons for this, but none of them are what you would claim as being because it is cool or that I am a fanboy etc... I have XP on my CMR laptop, and desktop, Ubuntu on two servers, and bsd on my firewall. Every OS has it's Pros and Cons.

Just because Diablo is in bed with the beast does not mean the rest of the world is. It is one thing to be ignorant on the facts but it is even worse to spread it....

I'd love to have an Android based app for sure.
But you want to part of the 48% non-Windows phone market? Do you know the market share of Windows mobile devices? I guess thats is not part of the world though....

·
Registered
90 Posts

Thanks
If you were in Illinois you could use my car! It did it again today!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't want to drag the thread off topic, but that statement is far from true. Just look at the internet, roughly 90% is ran by unix style os's such as unix, linux, bsd and several other *nix flavors. Windows dominates the home and business pc market but not the server market which provides all the content and services that you get on your "windows". The worlds economy also runs on the same non-windows platform i.e. The stock markets.

I can't speak for everyone who owns a mac, but I can honestly say that it has slowly become the only computer I use on a daily basis. There are several reasons for this, but none of them are what you would claim as being because it is cool or that I am a fanboy etc... I have XP on my CMR laptop, and desktop, Ubuntu on two servers, and bsd on my firewall. Every OS has it's Pros and Cons.

Just because Diablo is in bed with the beast does not mean the rest of the world is. It is one thing to be ignorant on the facts but it is even worse to spread it....

But you want to part of the 48% non-Windows phone market? Do you know the market share of Windows mobile devices? I guess thats is not part of the world though....
i think it should be pretty obvious to you that there are no windows machines anywhere near our engineering office, but that does not change my point.

In general, the 'outside world' runs on windows. Funny, I have NEVER, ever, had a customer call here and say, how do I use your software on a linux box? Why? Because you dont just buy a linux box without knowing why you bought it. I dont think its unfair for us to assume that most of our customer use Windows based home PCs. People who are using less popular OS generally do so for a reason, but would never assume that everyone has software that supports that platform. I still stand by my Mac statement. You may be the exception to the rule, but you shouldn't take offense to my theory.

Let me also clarify why I said 'Id like an android app'.
"I" have an Android phone. Thats all. I didn't say 'we dont want part of the Windows mobile market'. I didn't say we want nothing to do with the iphone/iPad market. Sheesh...

Oh, and in bed with the beast? When was the last time your DSDL or CMR install passed windows logo testing? We offer Windows based software for the obvious reason that is it the most popular platform for home based PC users, period.

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
i think it should be pretty obvious to you that there are no windows machines anywhere near our engineering office, but that does not change my point.

In general, the 'outside world' runs on windows. Funny, I have NEVER, ever, had a customer call here and say, how do I use your software on a linux box? Why? Because you dont just buy a linux box without knowing why you bought it. I dont think its unfair for us to assume that most of our customer use Windows based home PCs. People who are using less popular OS generally do so for a reason, but would never assume that everyone has software that supports that platform. I still stand by my Mac statement. You may be the exception to the rule, but you shouldn't take offense to my theory.

Let me also clarify why I said 'Id like an android app'.
"I" have an Android phone. Thats all. I didn't say 'we dont want part of the Windows mobile market'. I didn't say we want nothing to do with the iphone/iPad market. Sheesh...

Oh, and in bed with the beast? When was the last time your DSDL or CMR install passed windows logo testing? We offer Windows based software for the obvious reason that is it the most popular platform for home based PC users, period.

Thanks

Just to back this, even people with Macs or Linux machines often "EMULATE" the windows OS. This way they can still run windows based applications on their Mac or Linux machine. Problem is sometimes ports don't transfer properly along with other random issues that are normally a simple fix with a bit of research.

Just because you run something that isn't "Windows Based" doesn't mean there aren't tricky alternatives to get around that wall.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to back this, even people with Macs or Linux machines often "EMULATE" the windows OS. This way they can still run windows based applications on their Mac or Linux machine. Problem is sometimes ports don't transfer properly along with other random issues that are normally a simple fix with a bit of research.

Just because you run something that isn't "Windows Based" doesn't mean there aren't tricky alternatives to get around that wall.
Thats part of my point.

We never used to get calls from Mac users, because Mac users used to be the guys who knew that they 'could' run windows software if they really wanted to. Its more recently that we get a few calls here and there from someone that has NO CLUE that they are using a machine that runs software that many 3rd party companies do not support, and then they wonder why? When you ask them why they bought a Mac, they generally tell you about how some sales guy talked them into it because it was 'better than windows'. Then they go on to tell you how their Camera software wont work with it, and their tuner software wont work with it, blah blah blah. My room mate used to use a Mac, for no good reason, until he bought a $400 remote control thingy for the house that needed online updates (!), and their software would not run on a Mac :)

Now, there are the occasional calls with a guy asking if we offer any Mac compatible software, and when we say no, they say, OK, no problem. To me, thats a 'Mac guy'. Knew what he got into, and is prepared to deal with it ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts