Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a chance to use my Father-in-law's Nikon D70 SLR camera, and oh my god I have to get an SLR. The pictures turned out great. Let me know what you think!

Comments welcome, good or bad :thumbsup: !

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looks great but pleas eodn't add to the "what company is best" debate. Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, FujiFilm, Olympus, and any other Digital SLR are ALL just as capable as one another. I'm a Canon user myself. Point is Digital SLR owns point and shoots. Great car too and pics.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
97TurboII said:
pleas eodn't add to the "what company is best" debate. Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, FujiFilm, Olympus, and any other Digital SLR are ALL just as capable as one another.
What are you talking about? I said nothing about Nikon being the best. I was just talking about SLR in general. Nowhere in my statement did I say Nikon is the best.

·
Registered
152 Posts
97TurboII said:
Looks great but pleas eodn't add to the "what company is best" debate. Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, FujiFilm, Olympus, and any other Digital SLR are ALL just as capable as one another. I'm a Canon user myself. Point is Digital SLR owns point and shoots. Great car too and pics.
WoW ! You went off about that. The point of him posting pics was to show off his car not have a debate about whats the best camera. I have been photography for about 20 years now and I will say this I think Nikon is my far the best camera out there. Now if i had to go with something ealse it would be a Canon, but back to the point or things the red srt in the photos looks great. Love the rims. What other mods do you have if you dont mind me asken.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seabee_CM said:
WoW ! You went off about that. The point of him posting pics was to show off his car not have a debate about whats the best camera. I have been photography for about 20 years now and I will say this I think Nikon is my far the best camera out there. Now if i had to go with something ealse it would be a Canon, but back to the point or things the red srt in the photos looks great. Love the rims. What other mods do you have if you dont mind me asken.
First off thanks for stickin up for me there. Second, my mods include the following, and no not all are power mods:

Engine:
-Kinetic Motorsports Wastegate Actuator
-SSAutochrome Front Mount Intercooler
-Polished Injen Short Ram Intake
-ATP Upgraded Pressure Pipe
-3" Cat-less Downpipe W/non-fouler mod
-3" DC Sports Modified Cat-Back Mandrel-Bent Exhaust
-Magnecore Spark Plug Wires
-PT-Performance Check Valve
-Perrin Block Off Plate
-Greddy Type-RS BOV
-Billet "Mobile 1" Oil Cap
-Polished A/C Lines
-Polished Passenger Motor Mount
-Polished Fuel Rail
-Red Painted Stock Ignition Coil
-Red Silicone Intake & Intercooler piping Couplers
-JMB Performance Polished Transmission Cover
-JMB Performance Polished/Mirror Red Fuel Rail Cover
-JMB Performance Mirror Red Powdercoated Lightweight Battery kit
-JMB Performance Mirror Red Powdercoated Valve Cover
-JMB Performance Mirror Red Powdercoated Battery Mount Oil Catch Can

Suspension:
-Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
-18x7.5" ADR Battle Exe Black Face W/Polished Lip Rims
-225/40/18 Kuhmo Ecsta Tires

Exterior:
-Clear Corner Lenses
-Luminics Pure Blue Headlight Bulbs
-Luminics Pure Blue Fog Light Bulbs
-Sylvania Silverstar Turn Signal Bulbs
-5% Limo Tint All Around

Interior:
-Modern Performance Triple Gauge Pillar Pod
-Autometer Ultra-Lite 30/30 Vac/Boost Gauge
-Autometer Ultra-Lite Oil Pressure Gauge
-Aeroforce Scangauge PRO
-AEM Uego Wideban Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
-Mopar Short Throw Shifter
-Red Booger Bushings

It's pretty mild for now, but still gets up and scoots. I have a JMB red intake manifold and Redstar Motors Fuel Return line sitting next to me, I just need time to put them on. This winter when I put my car up for storage I'm going to be getting my exhaust manifold ported and ceramic coated by Bob @ Form and Function as well as either an Enforcer turbo or PTP SST, but thats undecided so far.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
KBizzle said:
nice pics man, great quality, and your car looks GREAT!!

p.s. ive noticed a lot of negative comments from 97turboII (don't get hostile, just pointing out what ive noticed)
i think they call it piston envy :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
LOL the only negative thing i have to say when taking hi-res showoff pics .....dont park in front of a trailer
Well, I was at my Father-in-law's house so thats why I took the pics where they were taken.

·
Registered
427 Posts
elstokavich said:
97TurboII said:
please don't add to the "what company is best" debate. Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, FujiFilm, Olympus, and any other Digital SLR are ALL just as capable as one another.
What are you talking about? I said nothing about Nikon being the best. I was just talking about SLR in general. Nowhere in my statement did I say Nikon is the best.
Cheater! you edited your post. it used to say "I have got to get a Nikon!"

P.S. get out of auto zones, kill the flash and mount a tripod.

@ Seabee_CM2_srt4: It isn't out of topic when you feel the need ot include the camera into the thread title. You cannot say any camera company is "by far" better than any other company. you can say that you are most familiar with such and such camera. Or you can go by statistics, Canon has more sales worldwide and in the U.S., Canon offers a Full frame DSLR no other company does, Canon's CMOS sensors offer better noise control and a lower failure rate than Nikon CCD sensors. I still don't go around saying Canon is better but I don't want any more biased camera crap out of anybody. I just had to kill that before it started.

·
Registered
427 Posts
KBizzle said:
p.s. ive noticed a lot of negative comments from 97turboII (don't get hostile, just pointing out what ive noticed)
Not offended here. I agree with you. I tell it like it is. If you go back and look at it in any thread though, I do state when something is my opinion. As for wanting pistons, I'll stay with my rotary, unique and capable even if unreliable as fuck.

If you guys want something car related as well, then nice pics, clean setup. Almost could pass as OEM but with that hint of individuality. I love when cars are modded but still not so "out there". If the SRT wasn't so flashy already and well known for speed, then that'd be a killer sleeper.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Nice car and great pics. I love the look of your car, clean and simple.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
18,432 Posts
looks really clean. that %5 all the way around looks great. I should've done that instead of just the two back. ;D

·
Registered
152 Posts
97TurboII said:
elstokavich said:
97TurboII said:
please don't add to the "what company is best" debate. Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, FujiFilm, Olympus, and any other Digital SLR are ALL just as capable as one another.
Cheater! you edited your post. it used to say "I have got to get a Nikon!"

P.S. get out of auto zones, kill the flash and mount a tripod.

@ Seabee_CM2_srt4: It isn't out of topic when you feel the need ot include the camera into the thread title. You cannot say any camera company is "by far" better than any other company. you can say that you are most familiar with such and such camera. Or you can go by statistics, Canon has more sales worldwide and in the U.S., Canon offers a Full frame DSLR no other company does, Canon's CMOS sensors offer better noise control and a lower failure rate than Nikon CCD sensors. I still don't go around saying Canon is better but I don't want any more biased camera crap out of anybody. I just had to kill that before it started.
Like you say to other people you did not read my post. I did not say that "Nikon is better" I said "I think Nikon is better " Now where did I or anyone go into sales or anything like that, and who cares about there worldwide sales. I know what works for me and what I do. I have tried them all and for Me Nikon is the best.

The statment " ALL just as capable as one another." That is right all are .

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Honestly, for being a D70, they don't look all that great.

Go grab his camera again, throw it in the "P" mode, and snap a shitload of pics, then pic 4-5 you love from those......lose the flash. Then see how much better the pics look.

It takes time, but you'll get it right.

I just got a D40, I'm no pro, but my first day with the camera looked much better than those.

Please try not to take those as bashing, just constructive critisizm.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SRT_YA said:
Michigan... where in the Michigan you at???
I'm located in Stevensville, Michigan

neonelite10 said:
Honestly, for being a D70, they don't look all that great.

Go grab his camera again, throw it in the "P" mode, and snap a shitload of pics, then pic 4-5 you love from those......lose the flash. Then see how much better the pics look.

It takes time, but you'll get it right.

I just got a D40, I'm no pro, but my first day with the camera looked much better than those.

Please try not to take those as bashing, just constructive critisizm.
Thats what I posted for was comments, good or bad. Yeah, I know I need to lose the flash, I noticed that when I saw the pics on his PC. The ones without flash looks tons better. I don't use an SLR that often so its definently different to me, but I'll work on my photographer skills and keep posting as I get better.

Thanks for the comments so far everyone!

·
Banned
47,971 Posts
lose the junk flash...try to get out of the shade unless you know how to adjust the setting, and since it was your 1st time using the DSLR, i'm assuming you don't...

also, always remember this: no matter what kind of camera you have, your editing will make or break the image...if not, you'll just have a picture...get familiar with photoshop and you'll be able to enhance photos to make them look amazing...

rims look dope !!!!

carlos nice

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kortERHorse_210 said:
lose the junk flash...try to get out of the shade unless you know how to adjust the setting, and since it was your 1st time using the DSLR, i'm assuming you don't...

also, always remember this: no matter what kind of camera you have, your editing will make or break the image...if not, you'll just have a picture...get familiar with photoshop and you'll be able to enhance photos to make them look amazing...

rims look dope !!!!

carlos nice
Thanks carlos, I appricate the input. I'm going to pick up a Nikon D40 so I can get familiar with the SLR's and all their adjustments and such. I already have photoshop, but I wasn't home to use it. Thanks again everyone!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts