Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everyone know about some new products recently released. First and most importantly, after 6 months of design, fabrication, and testing our SRT4 sheetmetal intake is finally ready for sale. Check it out here:



http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=80

Next for you SRT4 guys we have a small battery kit available, link here:



http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=74

If you already have the battery and just want the mounting kit, we do sell that seperate. Link here:



http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=75

We are glad to finally be part of the SRT4 community, and plan to produce more parts for you guys in the near future. Dont forget to check out our universal parts that will work with any car, follow this link:

http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22

We are always looking for new ideas so dont hesistate to email us with your thoughts!


Thanks,
Jim
JM Fab
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
After seeing all the DSM products first hand I can tell you Jim makes top quality products and he stands behind his work. I ordered mine yesterday and I can't wait to pick it up when it's done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,711 Posts
Everything looks promising. I may just have to pick up one of those battery trays.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
Product STILL looks awesome! Not a big fan of shiney bling, so I was wonderin if the intake mani could be ceramic coated or something in a flat black finish like ceramic coating? I am interested. I am however concerned about losing a lil power because of the size of this. How much power are we talking about?


JMFabrications said:
I just wanted to let everyone know about some new products recently released. First and most importantly, after 6 months of design, fabrication, and testing our SRT4 sheetmetal intake is finally ready for sale. Check it out here:



http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=80

Next for you SRT4 guys we have a small battery kit available, link here:



http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=74

If you already have the battery and just want the mounting kit, we do sell that seperate. Link here:



http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=75

We are glad to finally be part of the SRT4 community, and plan to produce more parts for you guys in the near future. Dont forget to check out our universal parts that will work with any car, follow this link:

http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22

We are always looking for new ideas so dont hesistate to email us with your thoughts!


Thanks,
Jim
JM Fab
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately we do not offer any kind of coatings, we do offer them UNPOLISHED which is more of just a raw aluminum finish. Your only going to lose some low end power which in most cases may not even be noticable. I dont have exact numbers for low end loss because it can vary greatly depending upon the customers setup, but the manifold was more designed for racing where most of the time is spent in the 4k rpm + range. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Jim
JM Fab
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
Ok, what is the price unpolished? Please dont get upset, but if I order one of these unpolished, could I also get it without any engraving on it? I would really like it to look factoryish with a twist, but without giving away that it is after market. I would not have a problem if you engraved or etched your company name on the underside. I truly hope you understand my question, I am the guy that when I buy a new car and it has the dealer's name on the back, its the 1st to go when I get home.



JMFabrications said:
Unfortunately we do not offer any kind of coatings, we do offer them UNPOLISHED which is more of just a raw aluminum finish. Your only going to lose some low end power which in most cases may not even be noticable. I dont have exact numbers for low end loss because it can vary greatly depending upon the customers setup, but the manifold was more designed for racing where most of the time is spent in the 4k rpm + range. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Jim
JM Fab
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
No need to be sorry, you have done our community a great service by even making this available to us! I am still every bit interested! Please, what is the price difference? I plan on having this ceramic coated to match my exhaust manifold. Thanks again for your time. (You dont offer exhaust manifolds do you????)


JMFabrications said:
You can find pricing for the manifold and different options at our online catalog:

http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=80

The plenums are all engraved during machining, so we do not offer them w/o the engraving sorry.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The UNPOLISHED version is $645, add $50 for polishing, add $25 for an OEM MAP sensor mount, and add $25 for NOS Bungs.

Thanks,
Jim
JM Fab
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,715 Posts
odd question about the throttle body option, stock SRT-4 option. What is the size of the opening into the plenum and mounting area? I am looking into this with the intention of running the Boomba 70MM, is the opening large enough to not be a restriction? Also would this work with the Boomba Intake Gasket or is the plenum too large? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
madwax said:
odd question about the throttle body option, stock SRT-4 option. What is the size of the opening into the plenum and mounting area? I am looking into this with the intention of running the Boomba 70MM, is the opening large enough to not be a restriction? Also would this work with the Boomba Intake Gasket or is the plenum too large? Thanks!
Off hand I forget the size of our flange opening, I will check when I get to the shop Monday and reply. Regardless, we do our machining in house so if need be we can machine a flange to work with the Boomba and offer it as an option. You can use up to a 1/4" thick gasket/spacer, anything thicker then that and the plenum will get pushed into the upper rad hose.

Thanks,
Jim
JM Fab
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just checked out our CAD drawing and the opening of our flange is 70.0024 mm so if the boomba TB uses the stock bolt pattern, it will fit just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts
What about the IC pipes? I know it's going to have to be a custom pipe so will you be offering those too? I'd need one w/ a greddy BOV flange
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry but at the moment we do not offer an upper IC pipe. We only had so much time with the donor car and unfortunately we didnt get to make a jig for an upper IC pipe. Eventually we will offer one but I dont have a set date.

Thanks,
Jim
JM Fab
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry we dont offer a kit yet, you can make your own rather easily, use a 90° silicone coupler off the intercooler, then use a 90° mandrel bend into the intake mani with a silicone coupler on that end. If you need to have the blow off valve flange or sensor welded on, you can find a local welding shop or send it to us. Im trying to get another donor car in here so we can mock up an Upper IC pipe kit. Here are a few pics of a 3" upper pipe we made for a customer while his car was at our shop:

http://www.jmfabrications.com/images/srt4smim/100_1533.jpg
http://www.jmfabrications.com/images/srt4smim/100_1539.jpg
http://www.jmfabrications.com/images/srt4smim/100_1540.jpg
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top