Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, my SRT4 left on Friday to be with its new Owner.

VERY COOL guy BTW.

Here she is, I damn near cried.......

I flew to Pa and bought this......

Driving home, I saw a lot of this.

and of course I cant leave anything alone. I have already ordered:
3" Invidia DP
3" Perrin Catback
K&N Drop In
Fuel Pump
Cobb AP Stage 2
Full set of DEFI gauges for the center dash
HKS SSQ Bov

Soon:
FMIC
Header
Protune

The STi is a nice car, but no animal like the SRT4 was.

Just wanted to share.

I will still be here on the forums, trying not to cause trouble. :eveilgrin

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car
2,141 Posts
damn man i would have cried as well...you built such an awesome car, but congrats on the sti

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
damn man your srt was beautiful but the sti can be a really fun car just watch that tranny i heard those glass trannies are a bitch and a half

outta curiosity whyd you go with the sti over the evo?

·
Super Moderator
22,153 Posts
Those Boxer engines sound AMAZING with a TBE.... :druel:

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
Illegal Machine said:
Those Boxer engines with a tbe sound :druel:
i agree they sound great my buddy has a real nice subie sounds and drives awesome but when he asked me to help change his spark plugs a second time i had to laugh as i said no :rofl:
you gotta pull what feels like the whole top of the fucking engine off to change the damned things easily

·
Super Moderator
22,153 Posts
tinctorus said:
Illegal Machine said:
Those Boxer engines with a tbe sound :druel:
i agree they sound great my buddy has a real nice subie sounds and drives awesome but when he asked me to help change his spark plugs a second time i had to laugh as i said no :rofl:
you gotta pull what feels like the whole top of the fucking engine off to change the damned things easily
Indeed.

And they run SO rich, you need to stay on top of the plugs.

Once you have a couple of changes under your belt it can be done in about an hour. :stab:

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
damn, atleast you made a trade that sorta makes sense...... The STI looks real nice, but no where near where your SRT-4 was. I am sure you will work it there though.

I just got back from the dealer, I have been looking into trucks. A new Ford <- :rofl: F-150 Supercab FX4........... Shit was SOOO nice and comfortable.

The guys all standing around my car were freakin me out though. When the guys asked for the keys to check the miles I had a hard time giving them to him. He said if I traded it in, he would buy it before it hit the lot. I felt seriously used and dirty letting them touch my car.

I am still up in the air......... Whipple charged 4X4 F-150 supercab bruiser or my little skittle.......

:confused:

·
Registered
776 Posts
how you like the hood scoop? I drove a sti once and i thought the hood scoop was to big and in the way. Nice up grade btw.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Very nice new car, but I still liked the SRT better.:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
22,153 Posts
moltenice said:
damn, atleast you made a trade that sorta makes sense...... The STI looks real nice, but no where near where your SRT-4 was. I am sure you will work it there though.

I just got back from the dealer, I have been looking into trucks. A new Ford <- :rofl: F-150 Supercab FX4........... Shit was SOOO nice and comfortable.

The guys all standing around my car were freakin me out though. When the guys asked for the keys to check the miles I had a hard time giving them to him. He said if I traded it in, he would buy it before it hit the lot. I felt seriously used and dirty letting them touch my car.

I am still up in the air......... Whipple charged 4X4 F-150 supercab bruiser or my little skittle.......

:confused:
Same thing happened to me.

While my car was being "appraised" I was walking around the lot. There was a break in the row of Dodge Caravans I was walking by and I could clearly see across the street to the Used Cars lot.

There, I saw 3 guys (the apprasers) with their fucking hands all over my car.

My heart jumped, and my brain went into "defense mode", trying to figure out what the hell my car was doing over there with those dudes.

Bad mojo.

I GTFO of there.

WOT style.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
tinctorus said:
damn man your srt was beautiful but the sti can be a really fun car just watch that tranny i heard those glass trannies are a bitch and a half

the wrx trannys are crap without RA gears but STi tranny is almost bullet proof

·
Registered
15,908 Posts
Sad to see the SRT go joey, It was a legend (in my eyes at least) on here. The first time I saw your eblue with the nexos on it years ago I fell in love.

Interested to see how this STi will turn out in your hands. Keep us posted bro.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Mr.SRT4 said:
Sad to see the SRT go joey, It was a legend (in my eyes at least) on here. The first time I saw your eblue with the nexos on it years ago I fell in love.

Interested to see how this STi will turn out in your hands. Keep us posted bro.
x2 now every other srt on the forums have those wheels

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
SRT98168 said:
tinctorus said:

the wrx trannys are crap without RA gears but STi tranny is almost bullet proof

That's what I was about to say.

I think you might need to change the clutch when you start getting power.. but the tranny is pretty damn solid for a while.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts