Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Can you turn a dodge neon SXT 2003 into an srt 4 need to know ASAP I have about 4 grand for now just to start off
yes and no.

You can make any 2nd gen neon into an SRT-4 clone. The parts all swap over (motor, transmission, interior... everything)..

BUT.... technically, because of the VIN, a SXT will always be a SXT.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Can you turn a dodge neon SXT 2003 into an srt 4 need to know ASAP I have about 4 grand for now just to start off
Of coarse and if you have to ask then its best to just buy a SRT.

It would be easier if you get a 5 speed base model so the holes are cut already. Buy the cheapest base model possible, get a parts car SRT or consider buying motor/tranny by themselves.Lots of guys part them out so you could buy all the supporting parts separate. A solid heart of the car is important.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Don't waste your time. There are plenty of them for sale just search around. Between 5-8k you can find yourself a decent one. I'm actually getting back into the game after a long hiatus, so I'm on the prowl for one myself.

eh, just noticed this post is 9 days old :x

·
Registered
41 Posts
On the cheaper side you can them as low as 2k just be ready to do the usual 3rd gear extender clutch install motor mounts (specifically center) but yeah welcome to the club bud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts