Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently have been in one and i fell in love. Please provide me with any info on the car, looking to get one and slowly build it. (Details plz) what is the best route to go after purchasing it?

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
sit down and read for a while... these cars have been around a long time now, so there is PLENTY of info out there for you to research.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use the search feature either up top here on on Google, there are hundreds of threads from this forum dedicated to builds.
doesnt help guys i want to know what year neon and what should or should not do to it as far as the inside goes idc about the outside power n performance comes first

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
doesnt help guys i want to know what year neon and what should or should not do to it as far as the inside goes idc about the outside power n performance comes first
English?
Actually they are very helpful. I take it you want to be spoon fed the information?
Please provide me with any info on the car, looking to get one and slowly build it. (Details plz) what is the best route to go after purchasing it?
^This can all be answered via google. Start searching.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
The OP joined DAYS ago sheesh LMAO! Its just deja vu with every newbie everyday just lookin for shortcuts

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
The OP joined DAYS ago sheesh LMAO! Its just deja vu with every newbie everyday just lookin for shortcuts
Thats the world we live in now with most people going to Facebook to get their automotive answers when a quick forum search typically will get so much better information and answers/pictures/first hand experience... Too many people who just NEED instant gratification without the willingness to work for it.

Damn i sound old.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome!

Well your thread was hard to follow but I like the fire in you! LOL Follow ToasterOven's link and read the buying thread first! Some important things are listed in there about the car. Then read about the different Upgrade Paths. Next - common issues.

Be sure to RUN THE VIN and pay for carfax report. I dont hardly trust any of these cars for sale w less than 75k miles on them. The clusters can be swapped and read diff mileage. Also be sure to check for rocker panel/quarter panel rust. At this point, any located in the rust belt will probably have it. Tell the seller you want pics underneath.

If youre new to the cars totally then you def need to do some reading...

Here is some throwback videos I used to love:
*Motor Week Review -
*Car & Driver Cheap Speed -
*Car&Driver Review -

At this point in the game your best bet for power increase is:
*Big Wheel Stock Turbo / Big Turbo
*Injectors
*Fuel Pump
*Tuner

Modernperformance.com is the Go-To for parts.

Id suggest a 04-05. 03's did not have LSD and the transmissions have components that you cant get anymore. Lots of 03' have LSD installed or 04-05 trannys so keep and eye out for them. Be willing to travel, if you settle or rush it then you may regret it. Finding a good one is tough. Best advice I can give is go look at one and let it be your "warm up" to judge the rest of them.

If youre serious about getting into the cars then all your google search history all start with "Dodge neon srt 4". Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts