Dodge SRT Forum banner

New Guy

1K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  93civEJ1 
#1 ·
Hey guys whats up.... yall are probably going to flame me but I am a honda boy, but being that I have a relative that works at a dodge dealership -- I am really persuaded and maybe going to get a SRT... but anyways -- I may be joining you guys soon?? :shock:

#2 ·
Even though your a honda guy, it looks like you've got some brains :lol: *j/k* Smart man! Theres plenty of good info and good people roaming around in here, so don't be afraid to ask questions or speak up when you have awnsers. Now go test drive an SRT and see what you've been missing!

#3 ·
Hey

Be very very careful. TORQUE is addictive! Once you try TORQUE you will never be able to stop using TORQUE! TORQUE can cause severe side effects such as balding tires, excess cash flow to civil authorities, wipelash, and severe giggles followed by the urge to scream "own3d!" TORQUE should only be used under direct supervision. Of course don't believe me. "Hi my name is Greg and I am addicted to TORQUE!"

#15 ·
Grunge said:
I bought mine after a quick spin around the dealer lot. I haven't been disappointed yet.
You bought yours and were sold long before that drive my friend! :wink:

#17 ·
93civEJ1 said:
how much of a diff did the EBC make... i was thinking of a MBC if i get one.
I did not dyno the car yet, but I can definitely feel a difference. The car pulls like a freight train now!! The stock solenoid controls the boost by gears. Now, I get 16psi in every gear!! The next thing I got to figure out is how to launch this monster with 16psi in first. My EBC has scramble boost, so I going to start playing with that.

#19 ·
No, not really. Here's the deal. First the wastegate spring is set to 4psi. Now when I close my solenoid, I get 4psi of boost. When I set my EBC to 66% gain, I boost to 15.5-16psi till about 3000 RPM's and then the boost starts creeping down to 13psi till redline. The reason for this, is cause the spring in the wastegate is not strong enough to hold the boost all the way to RL. A guy who posts here frequently, Hector (Exhaust Depot), is trying to figure out a fix for this.

#20 ·
drizze99 said:
Welcome to the BOARD!! I bought the car without even test driving it!!
I'm guilty of the same thing (buying without a test drive first.) No regrets whatsoever! It just keeps getting better and better. The torque on this thing RULES!

#22 ·
we are many here...we come in peace....take us to an SRT4 and we shall leave as we came...slowly or maybe not at all...until we take ownership! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Welcome and enjoy...(BTW read my sig i think it says alot)

#26 ·
ok, i'm waiting for my srt4 to come in, just a few more weeks. meanwhile i keep reading how everyone loves this car! but i am not a mod guy so what is an EBC?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.