Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking the best route for modifications, but was looking for a bit of advice. Here are my requirements:

1. Stock driveability is crucial(daily driver, including Winter in Michigan).

2. Want to wait for stg 3, but not if lag increases significantly.

3. If I do go with stg 3, are there any "prep" modifications I can do now while I wait that can increase performance that wont need to be removed?

Thanks in advance!!!

Dan Silver '04

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
If you want added performance while you're waiting for Stage 3, plus improved winter drivability at the flip of a switch (knob), then Stage 2 with Turbo Toys might not be a bad choice. With the dial-a-boost feature, you can basically turn off your boost if you wanted to.
Some will argue that they prefer to use their right foot as a boost controller and that's fine.

Stage 3 will be available as an add on to Stage 2 w/ Turbo Toys so it would not be money wasted if Stage 3 is your ultimate goal.

Mopar did much of it's testing with a cat-back exaust so this is something you'll want to look into in addition to the things that LucyBop mentioned above.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More Questions

Thanks for the great info!! Heres where my inexperiance comes out....What is an FMIC? Are there better engine/trans mounts, or is there one brand that most people go with? How involved is the install of the trans/engine mounts, and last what actual pounds of boost do the 1, 2, and 3 numbers on the dial for stg 2 represent (Assuming everything else is stock and 70°)

Sorry for all the questions, but kind of anxious to get going fast!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
fordconvert said:
Thanks for the great info!! Heres where my inexperiance comes out....What is an FMIC? Are there better engine/trans mounts, or is there one brand that most people go with? How involved is the install of the trans/engine mounts, and last what actual pounds of boost do the 1, 2, and 3 numbers on the dial for stg 2 represent (Assuming everything else is stock and 70°)

Sorry for all the questions, but kind of anxious to get going fast!!!

Thanks
FMIC is Front Mount Intercooler. Much bigger than the stock one and a lot more efficient air flow in an aftermarket compared to stock, not to mention cooler charge temps:);)

better engine/motor mounts, yes....psi fi makes great ones! the install on the top one is simple, but the lower one is a little more involved only because u have to remove the front passenger side wheel, and the plastic covers to get at the lower mount, jack the engine up to support it while u swap out the stocker w/the new mount:) took me an hour to do both:)

sorry i cant help w/your last ? about the stage 2 boost levels, cuz i plan to go totally aftermarket w/a turbokit etc. i have stage 1 and am running 18-19psi w/a 16-17psi hold:) love the car, 280whp/300wtq for now. 12.1:1 a/f ratio:cool:

hope all this helps!

- Chris:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.