Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to ask for your guys approval to see if these parts are worth putting to a stock 2005 Dodge SRT-4 Drop any comments if you guys disagree i would greatly appreaciate it:
Mopar Exhaust by Borla
Turbo XS Dual Stage Boost Controller
GReddy Turbo Timer
HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve
AGP Billet Wastegate Actuator
AGP Dog bone Motor Mount Kit
Mopar SRT-4 Stage 1 Upgrade Kit
K&N SRT-4 Cold Air Intake
Authority SRT-4 SS High Flow Downpipe

·
Registered
296 Posts
depends on what ur doin with the car

·
Registered
769 Posts
Lookin pretty good...how far do you wanna go?

·
Registered
769 Posts
i d get a maxxfabb or Needswings DP before the catback though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to just go pretty fast probably 350whp later on but for right now i just wanted to start with that so its a pretty good idea...

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
I would stay away from the TurboXS BC. I had one and personnel didn't like it. it uses an alan key setup and that can get stripped over time. i would go with something with a handle on the end if you want to adjust boost. I have a EBC that i would like to sell if you want to upgrade.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
srtzero said:
I just wanted to ask for your guys approval to see if these parts are worth putting to a stock 2005 Dodge SRT-4 Drop any comments if you guys disagree i would greatly appreaciate it:
Mopar Exhaust by Borla
GReddy Turbo Timer

If your running on a budget I would suggest trying to save some $
1) Kinetic WGA
2) (Insert name) SRI
3) Quality custom built TBE (make sure they know what they're doing)

And put it elsewhere......
1) Mopar STS (best "fun factor" mod yet)
2) Big FMIC
3) Hard cold pipe

It may increase your budget slightly but the STS will make driving the car so much more enjoyable, and the FMIC will be more and more beneficial as you increase psi with future mods.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
For cheaper speed plus not end up wasting money on useless mods like turbo timer (which was a gift so I installed it anyways), maddogg short shifter is pretty much the best one around here, AGP WGA (or any other GOOD adjustable wastegate), needswings e-cutout --JUST AS GOOD AS A TBE, except you can pretty much turn your power on and off, plus the noise factor and its sexy as hell, PTP's FPR Mod, mapclamp and tuned on a wideband <--great mod to have with any turbo'd car so every mod you make you can make sure your afr's are correct...with those alone you will be pushing some good power, for the least amount of $$

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Just keep in mind that with an AGP Wga or X-Brand you ARE gonna have Part Throttle Boost :readclose Meaning you have to change your driving habits. I would say to go piece by piece.

WGA if you don't care about driveability :hi:
Full 3' TBE (don't include housing if you plan on uprading to big turbo)

Then work on traction:
1)Springs or Coilovers
2)Motor Mount Inserts or Actual Mounts
3)Traction Bars
4)Rims if you want with some 225 min.

Then go for fine tuning:
1)Any tuner of your choice
2)FRL,Bigger Injectors, PTP FPR mod
3)255 Walboro Pump.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Man if you want a STS dude I know a guy that makes em, the throw is a lot shorter than the mopar too and he'll give you a really good deal on em aight :thumbsup: PM Slow4Dr for info

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
You can get the PTP 270 + hp kit. FPR mod, map/tip clamp, WGA, MBC, and you need to have a turbo back exhaust system (I have a dump system or an economy system as well as working on a 4" system, but I am out of stock on everything right now). Running 19 to 20 psi with the above set up tuned will net you 270 + hp everytime.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
blasphemy said:
:huh: why wouldnt you not need to replace the O2 housing for bigger turbos?
it wont fit on big turbo setups

As for the list it looks good other than the BC just lose it and have the wga control boost.

·
Registered
838 Posts
2K4SRT_4 said:
I would stay away from the TurboXS BC. I had one and personnel didn't like it. it uses an alan key setup and that can get stripped over time. i would go with something with a handle on the end if you want to adjust boost. I have a EBC that i would like to sell if you want to upgrade.
I agree here...i had the turbo xs high performance bc....it was like a freakin etcha sketch getting it set right and i had to keep reseting it everyweek, and with the alan wrench there is no EXACT setting....i went to an in-cabin turbo smart bc. It is so much better and has a wheel to turn up the boost by "clicks" not eye balling like the other.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i have the www.needswings.com D/P and i think its the best thing ive bought for my baby yet :thumbsup: but one thing i recomend when buying it is get the mccord power plate this way u dont have to crawl underneath the car to take off the plate the only downfall by getting the power plateoff of www.needswings.com is it takes 3-4weeks to get to your house :flame:

·
Registered
80 Posts
mods sound pretty good. right now I only have stage 1 and agp wga. other than the boost controller your list is about the same as mine. I'm going with the agp 3'' cai though. like someone posted before, get stage 1 first.

·
Registered
11,017 Posts
srtzero said:
Mopar Exhaust by Borla
GReddy Turbo Timer
3" exhaust, no bc agp wga only, no tt unless u go big turbo stock has cooling line, bov if u get it cheap car comes with a valve, fill ur own motor mounts, s1, agp or mopr cai

1 - 20 of 22 Posts