Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just traded my 2000 Grand Am today and I am going to pick up a 2004 silver SRT-4 up in Astoria tomorrow afternoon. I've been on the boards surfing for over six months and finally went ahead and got one. My first mod this saturday afternoon will be the mopar bov, wish me luck, but there are many more mods to come.

Jason

BTW - Who are the few SRT-4 owners i ran into the last past 3 weekends at PIR( E-blue, red)?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey man....Congrats on the new purchase. I live in the Portland area as well and I have a Red 03 (Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Mopar cat back exhaust and a few other things) but it was not me at PIR. The BOV is really not that bad as long as you have the 10mm wratching wrench.

Good luck.

·
Registered
984 Posts
by PIR you mean Portland Int'l, or Pacific Int'l? Cos I think I'll know the ones who raced @ Pacific.

and i don't know why all these tracks think they have to be "International." i guess they think it makes 'em sound cooler, or something. but they're racetracks, not airports...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Portland International raceway is where i saw them. I am surprised in how much power the SRT-4 really has on the higher end, yesterday had been one of the greatest 2 hour highway drive back home i've ever been on.

·
Registered
225 Posts
SRT4-2NV said:
Hey guys I just traded my 2000 Grand Am today and I am going to pick up a 2004 silver SRT-4 up in Astoria tomorrow afternoon. I've been on the boards surfing for over six months and finally went ahead and got one. My first mod this saturday afternoon will be the mopar bov, wish me luck, but there are many more mods to come.

Jason

BTW - Who are the few SRT-4 owners i ran into the last past 3 weekends at PIR( E-blue, red)?
I was up at PIR 2 or 3 weeks ago, I have that 04 E-blue. It was running 13.90 most of the night with the last pass being a 13.60

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was at PIR a couple weeks ago i was the red SRT without the wing on it(just dewinged the car that day before the drags)and before that i was there a few weeks before that but i was the only SRT at that event.Congrats on the car and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the weather is good I might be down at PIR saturday night to run some stock times. Has anybody ran stock at PIR yet? just curious to see if i can dip into low 14's this weekend.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah i have run at PIR 2 times.both times the car was bone stock with 1600 miles on it the first time and hot as hell and i ran a 14.58 at 96 then 2 weeks ago i was there and the weather was alot better but could only run a best of 14.52 at 96.54(I am not power shifting the car)the car had 2600 miles on it then so i still think its a little tight.The car was pretty consistent the second time out i made 5 time runs they ranged from a slowest of 14.71(lots of tire spin)to the quickest of 14.52 and 3 of them were all in the 14.50's.Its not a bad deal for 20 bucks,you can get anywhere from 7-15 time runs in depends on how many cars and if ya wanna hot lap your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts