Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I wanted a srt-4 but women and kids seem to come first so I opted for the GT. Its a 03. Got it for 7500. Traded in my 91 B16 hatch... Finally I have a turbo car. But after I buy it I realize noone makes parts for it. Not even anything on ebay, sad. And I really dont know where to start. Never had a turbo car and Im still in confusion on what makes them faster and what slows them down. Whats the stock boost and how much can I run. How do I get it to run more? What parts do I need? And most importantly... Where the hell do I run wiring for guages in this thing. It looks like its going to be a nightmare installing a boost guage.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
the key differences in the two cars are mainly due to packaging constraints with the PT platform as far as performance mods any srt4 turbo kit that mounts between firewall and engine can be used, downpipes aswell and generally most fuel system mods will work. Just be sure to research before buying and definitely stay off ebay man....

Also grab yourself a Naturally Aspirated PT intake manifold setup, its made from plastic so the runners are smooth and will reduce heatsoak by alot. The other reason too is because your stock intake manifold requires 2 gaskets as its a two piece design so anytime you must reach the injectors, guess what? you have to take the upper part off and often most PT GT owners have boostleaks after reassembling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was actually aware of modern performance... A few buddys of mine with srt-4s shop there. I guess Im jus so use to owning a honda. Jesus theres enough parts for those to build one from the ground up all aftermarket! Well I have a couple questions after looking at those websites.

1. Can I buy srt-4 resonators for the PT and it sound right? Its too quiet. And I have noticed that srt-4s dont have mufflers. Could I use resonators on my pt and remove the muffler?

2. Does the blow off plate cut back on power? My friend just got a bone srt-4. His first mod was the blow off plate. Now hes loosing about 3 lbs of boost.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
on the exhaust end.....the PT exhaust is a lil shorter than the neon one so what you do with muffler and resonators is entirely up to you but beware although the two cars share the same engine im unsure what sound/acoustic differences there will be due to pipe routing and length differences

on the blow off plate......stay stock man. It makes cool noises and causes a boost leak but it will get old very quickly, let me tell you...its fun putting it on and taking it off on a neon but on the PTGT is straight up PITA.

I know you are used to the Honda scene....alot of aftermarket yes but little opportuinity to be unique. I will add also that visual mods, wheels and exterior accessories are a plenty for the PT body.....some tastefull and most very tasteless

your first mod should be Mopar Stage1, what transmission does you car have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the key differences in the two cars are mainly due to packaging constraints with the PT platform as far as performance mods any srt4 turbo kit that mounts between firewall and engine can be used, downpipes aswell and generally most fuel system mods will work. Just be sure to research before buying and definitely stay off ebay man....

Also grab yourself a Naturally Aspirated PT intake manifold setup, its made from plastic so the runners are smooth and will reduce heatsoak by alot. The other reason too is because your stock intake manifold requires 2 gaskets as its a two piece design so anytime you must reach the injectors, guess what? you have to take the upper part off and often most PT GT owners have boostleaks after reassembling.
Well ebay is my sourse for non performance mods. I just found it amazing that noone was selling any headlights or anything for a PT.

But is there any modification required for a intake swap?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
for intake manifold swap....make sure you grab the complete intake manifold setup from an NA....the whole intake manifold, the coolant fill neck with cap and the TB (making sure its undamaged)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts

Won't fit but they came out with a plastic intake starting in '05 for the turbo model. The SRT forums are a great place for help from informative people as I used to come here when I owned my '03 PT GT, but for a forum that deals totally with the PT turbo go here. PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Won't fit but they came out with a plastic intake starting in '05 for the turbo model. The SRT forums are a great place for help from informative people as I used to come here when I owned my '03 PT GT, but for a forum that deals totally with the PT turbo go here. PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.
thanks for the correction bud

and yeah x2 on PTCrew

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Welcome to the 'other' PTGT forum :clap

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey man for a quick and priceless mod gut the air box. Buy a stock k&n, filter 40 bucks at auto zone, but before the swap open the box and rip out all the plastic shit inside and cut the bottom out. Use a sawza or dremmel it takes less then an hour. It makes a difference trust me

·
Registered
125 Posts
re-opening this thread..
seriously looking into bypassing the srt, because of pricing reasons and getting a PTGT, decent idea? pros and cons?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Just don't buy an auto trans if you want to make power...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.